𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

perhaps they were right putting love into books.
perhaps it could not live anywhere else.
- william faulkner

~~~~~

the sun was shining brightly in my windows. i sit up and stretch, i get up and open my curtains all the way. i tiredly walk to my small kitchen and grab a glass from my cupboard. i turn on the sink and run the glass under the water. i sit back in my bed and take a sip of water from the cup in my hand. i set it down right next to me on my coffee table and make my way over to my closet, which is only a mere five feet from my bed. i look at all my clothes i have, and decide to pick a yellow long sleeve shirt that is tighter on the stomach area but poofs out on the sleeves, it might be worn out a little but it works for today. for my bottoms i choose dark brown jeans that are tighter on my thighs but not in the waist, i slip on a belt, some socks and some of my old tennis shoes. 

i grab all my things and head out of my front door. i think today is a good day to go and say my hello's to philza and some of my other friends in my town named lmanburg. as i walk away from my small house and hop on each stepping stone i have in front on the path, i hear some noise coming from the caravan in the middle of lmanburg. i make my way over to the van and press the stone button to open the iron door. as i walk in, i turn the corner and see wilbur, fundy, tommy, tubbo, and niki. 

"woah! hi everyone, was their a meeting called that i didn't know about?" i said with shock, seeing everyone in lmanburg standing around the table in the small van.

everyone looks up from something that they were staring at on the table and their gaze meets my body. fundy was the closest to me, he tried to move his body in front of whatever was sitting their on the table. was it something i couldn't see? 

"hello y/n! i didn't know you were awake. do you want to go on a walk? we have been meaning to do that." tommy blurted eagerly. he tried grabbing my hand and taking me out of the van. 

"no tommy, let her stay. we need to talk about this with her." wilbur adds right before i get led out of the van everyone was in.

"what is he talking about?" my eyes look up at tommy's in confusion. 

tommy quickly looked at wilbur, who was looking right at me. "we aren't doing it. we all decided it would not be a good idea." tommy asserted. 

"what the hell is going on?" i shouted, getting everybody's attention. 

"wilbur, are you sure we should do this?" tubbo added who was standing right by wilbur.

"come here y/n, we all have something to tell you." wilbur said, using his hands to usher me to come closer to him. 

as i took steps towards wilbur, everyone watched me with eagerness. i stood in front of the table, across from wilbur. i looked down and noticed the paper that was one the table. it read "the king has requested a meeting with y-" before i could read anymore of it, wilbur had snatched it and stuffed it in his pocket. 

"the king has requested to have a meeting with us, well basically just me. but i would like to bring you along to show you what it is like to have a meeting with the king." wilbur declared, his eyes still met with mine. 

this is awesome news for me! i never get to on trips with wilbur. he always takes fundy or tommy. i knew my training had improved, this must be why wilbur is taking me! i jump up and down, but quickly stop when i realize i need to keep my cool. 

"this is amazing news for me to hear wilbur! thank you for deciding to take me, it means so much!" i rejoiced.

"you don't have to thank me, it was a group decision. we all feel that you are ready for this meeting." wilbur announced. 

"if you don't mind me asking, when is the meeting?" i asked, eager to know when i was going to get to meet the king.

"if we want to make it on the time it was scheduled, we will need to leave immediately." wilbur stated, as he checked his watch.

~~~~~

word count: 780