𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕

betrayal is a funny thing,
in that it never comes from your enemies,
but those you care about.
- christine craig spencer

~~~~~

as my foot touched the last step, i could see sapnap waiting for me. his eyes grew wide and he looked me up and down with fear.

"you should go change y/n. the king will get mad." sapnap urgently spoke.

"i don't care what he wants, he doesn't control me. now where am i headed?" i ask unknowingly which direction to turn.

sapnap shakes his head in hopes to shake the expression off his face. he sticks his arm out and i link mine with his. as we walk through the halls i can smell many different things. i smell an assortment of sweets, roasted pork, and maybe even some fruits and vegetables.

when we arrive at the large open doors, i can see many different people standing and sitting around in a huge room, which looks to be a big dining room. there is a dining table in the middle of the room, and lots of space around it where many people are standing around, talking to each other. the worst part about this is... i don't know anyone. as i glance around the room, i see no familiar faces. who do i walk up to? do i just go start a conversation?

that questions gets answered for me as i see the man in the mask approaching me, wearing the same dark green suit i saw him in the first time i met him. he finally gets to me and i can hear his loud breathing from stomping all the way over to me. his hand grips my wrist and he drags me out of the room and around a nearby corner. the death grip he has on me hurts, i think it might leave a bruise.

"what the hell are you wearing?" he scoffs. i can feel him looking me up and down, but it is not like i can see it. his hand still gripping on to me, slightly letting off in intensity.

"a dress, what does it look like?" i snap back at him.

"did sapnap not tell you my rules?" he growled, snapping back at me.

"he did. i just don't care. you can't control me-" i manage to get out before he grabs my chin with his hands, forcing me to look up.

"if you ever break my rules again, you will never be able to leave this castle." he warned, using his hand to throw my face away from him. he grabs my hand and starts to walk back to the dining room. "act like you love me princess... or you won't like the outcome." he whispers into my ear.

as we get through the doors, i can see everyone sitting around the table. their eyes meet with me and dream.

"sorry to keep you waiting everyone. y/n here lost her way to the dining hall. shall we begin the dinner?" clay suggested, scooting out a chair for me to sit in.

~~~~~

word count: 515