𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟗

you're the most beautiful soul i've met,
and everyday i ask myself what i have done to
deserve to encounter you.
- unknown

~~~~~

i hop off the horse as we get to the castle, dream hooks it up and links arms with me. we walk to the front doors and they open for us. this wasn't normal for us, we are actually getting along.

sapnap greets us when the door opens all the way, his eyes look at me and dream's arms linked together. i see him smile, but he bows trying to hide it. dream walks ahead and i follow behind. we walk past the spiral staircase leading up to my room, i unhook my arm from his and look into his eyes.

"i guess this is my stop, goodnight." i say, starting the walk upstairs.

"goodnight y/n, sweet dreams." dream replies, still standing where he was.

i open my door, and walk straight to the balcony. i walk outside and put my hips against the railing, letting the cold air and rain wash my pain away. i look up towards the sky, the rain falls on my face and slides down. i notice the stars, they are super bright tonig-

"the stars are super bright tonight, aren't they?" i hear a voice say from behind me. i turn around and recognize the voice right away, it was dream.

"i thought you were going to bed?" i ask, facing him now.

"yeah i was, but i don't think i could do that all alone... in my empty bed." dream admits, smirking.

"oh shut up." i laugh, hitting him in the shoulder.

when me and him fight, we fight like lions. but tonight i stood here on this balcony, wind blowing through my hair, still in my ruined gala dress. all i wanted to do was watch the stars, hear the stream run through the yard, and look upon my new people living their domesticated lives. i feel a pair of strong arms wrap around my torso. i could feel he wanted to go inside because it was getting cold, but i didn't.

"please, i just want to stay like this for a while." he says.

i had half a mind to rip away from him because that is how it has always been, but the feeling of warmth he gave off on this cold night was far to blissful.

i could feel his heart beat against his chest on my back. this is so out of character for him. "is something wrong?" i ask.

this isn't exactly a natural occurrence for him. he was my enemy. he was often cruel in my eyes, but tonight... he's human. he lowers his face onto my bare shoulder, his soft hair tickling my collarbone.

he says with a low, gentle whisper in my ear. "i hate it when we fight, this balcony reminds me of what happened earlier today."

i lean my face towards the sky, letting my eyes lids fall, the darkness enclosing my eyes. in this moment he doesn't want war, richness, or power. all he wants tonight is me... i relished this moment, eyes still closed, head tilted towards the sky.

"me too"

~~~~~
the end

word count 603