𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓

sometimes, crying is the only way your eyes speak,
when your mouth can't explain how broken you are.
- chirag malik

~~~~~

as my vision got blurry, i could feel my head start pounding. no, this can't be happening. i don't even know this man! how am i supposed to be marrying him?

"no wil... this is a joke. it has to be a joke." i plead as i fall on to my knees, weak from the news i heard.

"y/n, this is just how it has to be." wilbur moved his hand from his forehead and his black and dead eyes looked into mine. "no exceptions" he finished, as he got up and started to walk out.

"NO WILBUR PLEASE!" i cried as chased after him. "why are you doing this to me?" i asked grabbing his arm and making him look at me.

"well... i was not going to put niki here, and you... you were the only other option." wilbur whispered into my ear. he pulled his arm back to his side and walked down the long and dark hallway.

my body falling to the ground again, weak with disbelief. i had no words, i wanted to scream but i couldn't. he loves niki, of course he couldn't put her in here. it had to be me, the one that he doesn't care about. the one that... no one cares about. i could feel a hand fall onto my shoulder, i quickly looked back expecting it to be a guard. it was the one, the only king. 

"don't touch me!" i screamed as i scrambled away from his touch. his cold eyes looked into my now crying eyes, and he just stared. it was like he was looking into my soul to find out who i was, but he couldn't find anything right now, because my soul is broken. he turned back around and i saw his hand go up and point back at me. 

"guards, take her up to her room." he instructed, still walking towards the room we all were just in. the same two guards that i saw before walked towards me, diamond swords on their backs. i could barely feel my legs, but with the strength i had left, i got up and sprinted away. i ran down the long hallway that i had once arrived in. as my hand met the door handle, i shook it. little did i expect, it didn't open. i was left alone, getting cornered by the guards who were slowly walking towards me. i looked everywhere around them, trying to find a way to get out, but there was nothing.

"guards, off!" i heard a stern voice yell from the other end of the hall. the two guards quickly stopped and parted so i could see who had told them to stop. i blinked rapidly to clear away my tears and through the blurriness, i could see it was the man in the white bandanna. 

"y/n, come here. i will take you to your room." the man advised. 

i am not sure what it is about this man, but i seek comfort in him. i walked down the hall, passing by the guards and finally making it to his side. he started walking the other direction and i followed behind him. as we made it farther away from the meeting place that once had everyone in it, he finally started talking.

"my name is sapnap. i am going to be your closest friend through this." he uttered, still looking forward and walking up the stone spiral staircase.

~~~~~

word count: 602