𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑

maybe it would be easier if 
i was the villain in your story.
- unknown

~~~~~

(don't play the song yet!!) 

as i entered the ballroom, i saw sapnap and puffy talking. i made my way over to them, they were standing awfully close to each other. 

"hey guys, how has the gala been so far?" i asked them, as i approached them.

"i have just been handing out horderves but everyone seems to be enjoying themselves." sapnap commented, turning towards me. puffy nods in agreement, looking at sapnap.

"im surprised that i haven't seen him show up yet, i thought that he would want to see you y/n." puffy announced, her eyes shifting to me. 

"what do you mean? who are you talking about?" i ask, confused on who she is talking about.

"she doesn't know what she is talking about y/n, don't listen to her." sapnap jabbered, slightly kicking puffy as if i didn't notice. 

"no sapnap, who is she talking about?" i snapped at him, taking a step towards him. 

"it really is nothing y/n, i didn't mean to say it." puffy utters, trying so hard to take back what she said. "oh look who finally came back." she says quickly, changing the subject.

(start the song!!)

dream walks into the room, mask on. as he walks in, people start to bow and greet him again. he looks at me, locking eyes with me. he starts walking towards me... everything happens to fast. 

out of the corner of my eye i can see someone i recognize in the doorway. no it can't be... tommy? i notice he has a crossbow in hand, loaded with an arrow ready to shoot. tommy looks straight at dream, who is looking at me still. no, this can't be happening. i had no idea that he was coming to this, he must have been who sapnap and puffy were talking about. i start walking to dream but my feet pick up a fast pace as i see tommy lift the bow. 

"tommy stop! dream watch out-" i scream at the top of my lungs. my hand reaches out toward dream as the arrow releases from the bow, heading straight for the king. dream starts to turn his body, his eyes still fixated on me. 

i don't even make it to him as i watch the arrow go straight through him. it penetrates to his front and i can see the point of it. it hits him right in the lower left back. i finally get to him and catch him right as he falls, i fall down with him to weak to lift his heavy body up. i feel tears start to stream down my face. 

"help me! i need someone to help me!" i shriek, looking around for someone... anyone to help me. "guards, get him! don't just let him run." i yell, as i see tommy run out through the doors he entered in.

sapnap runs to me, but stops to bend down and grab dream's cracked white smiley face mask that he once had on his face. i pull up dream's shirt only to see how big the entry hole was and how much he was bleeding. i look back up at his face and notice his eyes starting to close.

"come on dream, look at me. don't give up, keep your eyes open." i mutter, looking at dream's face in pure agony. his hand moves to his wound as he presses down on it, his face scrunches in pain. his hand then moves to my face, placing it on my cheek. 

"thank you for showing me how to actually live y/n." dream barely gets out before his hand collapses to his side. 

guards pull me away from him and i can only kick and scream to try and fight them away. i need to be by his side right now, i can't lose him. in this moment, the only thing i can think about is how much he needs to live through this, i can't lose him. he can't die on me. the guards hold me back as i just have to watch dream get treated while he is unconscious. i turn my head and notice that sapnap is one of the people holding me back. 

"sapnap let me go, i have to go and see if he is okay." i wailed, still trying to break free from their grasp. 

"i can't let you do that y/n. let the medics do their job." he reassures me, strengthening his grip on me. 

"he can't die on me, i don't know what i will do." i cried out, growing weak and falling to my knees. sapnap goes down with me and just hugs me, the other guard letting go of me. 

"he is my best friend y/n, i can't lose him either." sapnap stated, not letting go of me. 

i watch as dream get lifted up and taken through the giant doors, down the hallway. i want to follow him so bad, but all the guests are looking at me and the guards are blocking the doorway. looking at the doorway, i can still imagine tommy in it, holding the crossbow.

"where is tommy..." i questioned, finally standing up.

~~~~~

word count: 882