𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟖

you are my favorite person,
i hate you with every inch of my body.
- unknown

~~~~~

dream's pov

i run down the spiral staircase not paying attention where i go. i get to the bottom of them but i bump into someone. i don't fall down, but i knock over the person who i hit. my eyes fall to the ground where i find that it was sapnap i ran into.

"hey sorry sap, have you seen y/n?" i ask, helping him up and dusting him off.

"i saw her run through the halls crying, i tried to stop her but she didn't even glance at me." sapnap explains.

"shit, i have to go find her. i can't lose her, but i pushed her away. it is all my fault." i admit, walking past him. sapnap catches my arm and i turn to face him.

"listen dream, i know how much you wanted this to work out. i remember all the nights when you came into my room just to talk to me about her, which is very unlike you because you don't ever talk about your feelings, but dream... are you sure that this will work out? i can't see you get hurt." he pointed out, looking me in my eyes.

"sap you don't understand, i can't let her go. i can't let her think that i don't love her, i messed it up bad. i don't think i will ever be able to fully describe her in words. the words i wish to use to describer her don't exist. no word is beautiful enough to explain her." i begin, dropping sapnap's hand. "there is not one thing about her i dislike, i am in complete awe of her existence. as low as she thinks of herself, she is the most perfect being i have ever seen. as much as i hate the world, i have to admit it isn't so bad, just because it has her in it." i claimed, sapnap staring at me with his mouth wide open.

"go get her dream, you deserve this." he smiles, bringing me into a hug.

i let go of him and smile, reassuring him i can do this. i run past him and out of the castle. it is still pouring rain outside, i saddle up my horse, climb on and ride off following small human like footprints in the mud. it can only be y/n. they end at the entrance of a forest, i climb off my horse and start the walk into the forest.

"Y/N?" i yell, multiple times so she can hear me.

y/n's pov

i hear a familiar voice getting closer to me. it sounded like dream? but there is no way he followed me here, not after what just went down. out of the bushes, i see a tall dark figure emerge.

"y/n is that you?" i hear him ask. i stand up getting prepared for another fight. his eyes meet mine, he still doesn't have his mask on. i wonder why he didn't put it on.

"dream, if you're here for yet another fight then i don't want to see you." i protest, which isn't true. even if dream was to break my heart over and over again i would still want to see him.

"just listen to me, im not here for that. i want to apolog-"

"do you hate me?" i ask abruptly, not being able to meet his gaze.

"what?"

"what you feel for me... is it hate?" im afraid to here his answer. i thought i hated him. i did hate him, but that hate easily turned to something more. something that set my soul on fire.

love.

i build up the courage to look into his eyes, and when i do, i know his answer. then his arm is hooked around my waist, one hand placed on the small of my back, the other at my hip, and he's pulling me towards him.

before i know it, his lips capture mine in a hungry kiss full of desire. when he pulls away, he leans his forehead against mine and looks into my eyes. "what i feel for you," he breathes against my lips, "is anything but hate."

"you broke my heart dream, you can't just expect me to just out of nowhere not hate you." i announce, throwing my hands up in the air.

"you don't hate me. you never did." dream claimed. "realization is a beautiful yet painful thing. that night in your room when my feelings finally caught up with my mind... i couldn't ignore them anymore."

"dream, just stop it. you told me you clearly didn't like me. you told me no one would ever like me-"

"would you just listen? that night i had put up my walls and sworn to myself to never put them down. yet something about you defied the odds. maybe it was your laugh, or the way my name sounded in your voice... i'm not sure. but what i am sure of is that i adore you, i adore you with every piece of adoration my broken soul has left. i denied it for a while, but i'm unable to fight it anymore. i realize that now. i know what i said on that balcony was not right, but i need you to know that i meant none of it." he described, pulling me into his grasp again.

i stare into his eyes, his grasp still tight on me. "i hate you, and the way you make me feel. i hate the way that my heart drops into my stomach when i see you, i hate the way my cheeks flush pink with embarrassment when you catch me staring. i hate that i love the feeling of the chase. i hate that i enjoy the conversations. oh, for the love of god have you got me wrapped around your finger." i confess.

dream's hand snakes to the back of my head, his fingers tangling in my wet hair as he pulls me towards him closing the distance completely. all i have time to do is suck in a sharp breath before his lips collide on mine. his lips showing me exactly how he feels.

dream stops and leans back, his smile wide from eye to eye. "should we head back to the castle? i don't want you catching a cold..." he smirks, adding a wink in there also.

"oh dream, i hate you." i laugh, linking arms with him as we walk out of the forest.

~~~~~

word count: 1103