𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

sadly enough the most painful goodbyes, 
are the ones left unsaid and never explained.
- jonathan harnisch

~~~~~

"we have to leave right now? i am not even dressed in the proper attire yet!" i answered, worried that i might not be prepared on my first trip with wilbur.

"welp! i guess that means you can't go. time for that walk!" tommy insisted grabbing my hand and starting to walk out of the van. 

"tommy! you will not interrupt me when i try to speak. we have all talked about this and decided it would be the only option-" wilbur yelled, which stopped tommy right in his tracks.

what does he mean by "only option"? the only option for what? does wilbur not even want to take me with him, am i his only option? whatever, i should probably drop it. i don't want to risk not being able to go. this experience is life changing, it might not seem like it to others but as someone who gets very overlooked as a trained fighter, going on my first trip with the leader of lmanburg is a step in the right direction.

"if you could give me half an hour to go and talk to philza, would you let me?" i plead to wilbur, letting go of tommy's hand.

"we should probably leave now if-" wilbur starts, but stutters after looking around the room. i look up and notice that tommy is shaking his head up and down, even though he tries to hide it, i notice what he is doing.

"okay, thirty minutes and that is all. we need to get on the road." wilbur responded.

"thank you! see you soon everyone!" i yell as i run out of the caravan, on my way to go and see philza. as i run through the grass and flowers that have sprouted through the ground, i can't help but imagine what the king is like. he must be so nice and kind if he is the king, they can't be picked out of nowhere, right? i can't wait to meet him, wilbur always talks about him to tommy and tubbo but never to me. they don't explain him to me either, i think tommy gets jealous when i show interest in another guy. i have always had a feeling that tommy likes me, and it would silly of me to say that i don't like him back. tommy is like the guy next door, technically he is the guy next door because he lives right next to me but that's besides the point. he is just the sweet, fun, and lovable guy. i have only ever known him, what it is like to like a guy that also likes you. when i get back with from my trip with wilbur, i think that i will tell tommy how i feel about him. i need to tell him that i like him, even though it might change things between us, i have never felt this way for someone before. 

i finally make it to philza's place. he lives right on the water and in a small shack on the sand. as i look around, i finally see him sitting on the dock with his back facing me. i make my way down to dock and i stand a couple feet behind him. 

"philza! i have some great news!" i shout as i step closer to him.

"and what would that be y/n?" philza acknowledged me as he turned around, still sitting but facing me now.

i plop down and criss cross my legs, only sitting a couple feet away from him. "wilbur finally chose me to go on a trip with him! we are going to see the king, that is amazing for my first time ever going with him." i say eagerly.

"that is awesome y/n! when are you leaving?" philza asks, staring out onto the water but then refocusing back on me.

i check my watch and notice that it has been almost thirty minutes since i left the caravan. i didn't even get to spend any time with philza! i better get on my way though! i will be able to see him after i get back with wilbur. 

"im sorry i have to leave already! i got to get going! i will talk to you later philza!" i yell as i quickly give him a hug and run back off to the middle of lmanburg.

now that i think about it, i forgot to ask wilbur why the king has called for him... and why is he taking me?

~~~~~

word count: 774