𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓

you deserve someone who brings peace,
into your chaos and loves you to pieces.
- kavya dixit

~~~~~

i get pulled back into the room by sapnap. i look over and see dream now sitting back at his desk, mask still on. i wonder if sapnap has ever seen his face... well he did say only this george person has. i have no idea who he is and why it is such a big deal. i glance around the room looking for a place that i can sit down, but i see nothing. i can sit on the bed but i don't think i want to, it would feel weird. 

there were many ways to describe dream's room such as dark, featureless, and sumptuous. but to sum it all up, it felt lonely. when i first stepped in the room i wasn't filled with the dread feeling i feel now. when i was face to face with dream i couldn't feel the emptiness that fills the room. i look at dream and see he is looking right back at me. i quickly look away and my eyes look toward sapnap. he is reading off a long list of things we have to prepare for the gala.

"and then we just have to get y/n fitted for a dress." sapnap finishes. 

"fitted? i surely can just find one in the closest up in my room!" i exclaim, crossing my arms.

"just go and get fitted y/n, i don't see a problem." dream dictated, now resting his elbows on his knees.

"what's your deal?" i asked, now facing dream with a disgusted look.

"you have got to do so many things since you showed up here, but yet you still complain!" dream yelled, now standing up and facing me.

i angrily stomp over to him and stand only an inch from his chest, looking up at him. "i didn't ask to be here!" i shouted back at him. i raise my hand and try to slap his face but his hand catches mine. he squeezes my wrist causing me to cry out in pain. when he hears me his face drops and he releases my hand. i back away from him, turn my back and run out of his room. 

i can hear footsteps trailing behind me but i just keep running. right as i am about to take my first step up the stairs leading to my room, someone grabs my hand. i am quickly turned around to face a tall man, of course it is dream.

"i don't want to talk to you." i utter, not making eye contact with him.

"listen y/n... i need you to listen." he says, placing his hand under my chin making me look him in the eyes. 

i can still remember the piercing emerald green eyes i saw even only for a couple seconds when i walked into his room. i can't remember what he looks like because i was so captivated by his eyes when i first saw him without his mask on. 

"im listening." i replied, being forced to look dream in his eyes.

"i have my reasons for not showing you, i just-" 

"name one reason right now." i interrupt him. 

"i can't. not right now, you wouldn't understand." he revealed, still not letting go of my chin.

"no, go ahead. name a reason." i demanded, looking him straight in the eyes.

i wait for a while but he doesn't speak. he breaks eye contact with me and takes his hand off my chin. i take a big breath in and let a sigh out, overwhelmed. 

"that's what i thought. now if you would, please leave me be." i announce, as i turn my back to him and walk up the stairs. i don't turn around to look at him, as much as i wanted to... i couldn't.

i finally get to my room and walk in, closing the door behind me. i walk over to my bed and sit down in it. i lay my body down and just stare at the ceiling. my mind racing over so many thoughts. one. nobody has came to my rescue, not wilbur, not tubbo, not even tommy. two. why is dream so hesitant about showing me his face? and three. why do i get butterflies around dream.

my thoughts are interrupted by my door opening and a lady walking in. a lady i have never seen before. she has a big bag that she sets down as she starts walking towards me. i sit up, and i scoot my legs to my chest, starting to move backwards in my bed, trying to get away from her. she finally stops and reaches out her hand. she nods in reassurance and i place my hand in hers.

"im sorry to startle you! my name is puffy, im here to fit you for your gala dress." she spoke.

~~~~~

word count: 827