𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

we are the strongest creatures in the world,
and yet we're damaged beyond repair.
- rebekah mikaelson

~~~~~

"oh, you know me dream. i am always a little bit tense!" wilbur nervously chuckles under his breath. 

i get that this dream guy can be intimidating because he is the king, but wilbur is the president of lmaburg... why is he so anxious about this? what is this meeting about?

"do you have the paper that i mailed to you?" the guy behind the smiley face mask emphasized. as wilbur reached in his pocket and threw the paper on the table, i could feel the king's eyes on me. even though i couldn't see what his face looked like, i felt his eyes looking at every single inch of me. i scooted behind wilbur a little more, just for safety measures. 

the man in the suit with the white bandanna on grabbed the paper from the middle of the table where wilbur had thrown it. he walked over to king dream and gave it to him. i finally saw the king's hands, as he reached for the paper and finally got it in his grasp. they looked mysterious, i could see from the other side of the room the amount of veins sticking out from them. the king finally speaks again.

"i see you have agreed with the more reasonable option." the man sitting at the other end of the table said. "is this her?" he asked while turning his head from wilbur to me. 

i could feel his stare through the mask. i cowered and my legs felt wobbly under his gaze. i found the courage to stand up straight, i was about to talk but right as i opened my mouth, wilbur stepped on my foot under the table. i whined in pain quietly so that the king couldn't hear. i have never known wilbur to be violent with me, he put all his force into that. 

"yes, this is her. her name is-" wilbur speaks, but gets interrupted by the man at the other end of the table.

"she can talk for her self. i know her name, y/n?" the king spoke intensely. 

i stepped out from behind wilbur and did a little curtsy to show my respect for the king. "yes sir, that is my name. it really is an honor to meet you." i confessed. 

"now wilbur, i assume you have told her what is going to happen. so y/n, the guards will take you to your room-" the king starts, but quickly notices me and wilbur's facial expressions. "you haven't told her yet?" he asks, laughing under his breath.

"no i have not. i was hoping i wouldn't have to." wilbur insisted. 

as i glanced between both of the men standing in front of me, i don't think i have ever been more confused. what the hell is going on here? what do i not know?

"i hope i am not interrupting, but wilbur... what is going on here?" i demanded, needing an answer from him.

"i am so sorry y/n. it was the only way to save lmanburg." wilbur cries out, tears forming in his eyes.

i take a couple steps away from wilbur, afraid of what he might say next. "what did you do?" i uttered, finding words to say. 

"well wilbur, go ahead. tell the pretty girl." the man with the mask says, as he walks up behind me. 

i don't turn around to face him, i need answers from wilbur. i have a very bad feeling about what he is going to say next.

"you and king dream are having an arranged wedding to save lmaburg." wilbur finally revealed, as he tiredly sat back down in the chair he was once sitting in... only, that was when i was a free woman.

~~~~~

word count: 643