𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟐

you seem too far to touch,
but your standing right in front of me.
- l

~~~~~

as i look into dream's eyes, i don't even realize that the song is over. he stops swaying but doesn't break eye contact with me. the crowd claps which snaps me back into reality. i quickly let go of dream and use my hands to brush me off, it gives me something to do. i look around and the applause slows to a stop. i can see dream never stopped looking at me. 

"what?" i whisper, as everyone shifts and does their own thing. 

"y/n, you never told me you were a good dancer." he says, moving closer to me. 

"you are such a flirt dream." i tease, flipping my hair as i turn my body away from him.

"oh, but you love it. you can't lie about that." dream insists. 

my body stutters a little before i find the strength the walk away from him. my body heats up and a smile forms on my face. what is happening to me? it used to be so easy to walk away from him, but now i find myself wanting to turn around and run to him. i need to get my mind straight, i can't think like this. i hate him, i hate the king, i have to hate him.

i walk outside of the ballroom and down the hall. i get to the end of the hallway and find a room with the light off. i open the door and walk in, i flick on the light switch only to be met with a room that i recognized. right as i was about to turn off the light and leave, i felt a hand on my shoulder. 

"i didn't know that you wanted me this bad." someone whispers in my ear. 

i turn around and meet eyes with dream. "w-what did you say-" i start, but get interrupted by the guy who is towering over me. 

"well you are in my room y/n, there is no other reason for you being in here." dream concludes, stepping forward towards me, which causes me to move backwards. 

"oh dream, what do you mean? i hate you, you don't affect me." i stammer, holding my ground.

"is that so?" he asks. 

before i even know it he's closing the space between us, grabbing  my neck pulling me close. i tense at the feeling, i know he felt it too. his cold rings making me shiver at the touch. he leans down and whispers in my ear.

"no affect huh?" he releases his hold, pulls his mask up, only showing his lips and kisses my neck. 

he then backs off me, heads to the door, opens it and walks out closing it behind him. i let out the breath i didn't realize i was holding. i stand up straight and follow him wherever he was going. as i got into the hall, i saw him walking back into the ballroom. 

"dream! you don't get to just do that." i yell, running up to him. he doesn't answer and just keeps walking. 

"you are a fucking dick, i hope you know that." i finish, and turn around to walk away in the other direction. 

he grips my arm and quickly pulls me into a nearby room. it is small and his head almost hits the ceiling. he slams me into the wall, placing his dagger that i didn't even know he had to my throat.

"careful, princess. remember there's people out here that want to kill you." he says with a devilish smirk i can sense. 

"but you won't." i say grinning.

"what makes you so sure i won't?" he questions.

"because... there is a fine line between hate and love..." i say as i move closer to him, a trickle of blood runs down my neck from the dagger. i slid his mask up, he doesn't flinch as i keep pulling it off all the way. i can see his face finally, his blond hair compliments his green eyes. 

both of our lips now only an inch apart. when he's about to close the distance between them, i catch him off guard. i take his dagger and free myself from his grasp, he stares at me in shock as i point his own dagger at him.

"and you've crossed it without even knowing." i professed, dropping the dagger and walking out of the room.

~~~~~

word count: 751