𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏

sometimes it's not the person you miss,
it's the feeling you had when you were with them.
- something saved on my pinterest board.

~~~~~

"hey! wait up!" i yell as i catch up with dream, who is still walking down the hall.

"did you need something?" he asks, still walking through the long hallway.

"w-well, no... but i just wanted to talk about what you said in there!" i stuttered, finally grabbing his arm and making him stop. he turns towards me, but i can't tell if he is looking at me.

"today is the day we have to ride into town. are you ready to leave?" he said, moving again back down the hall.

"i didn't know we were leaving today, but i guess im ready." i decided, now walking with him. 

"good, the horse should be ready for us-" 

"the horse? i can ride a horse, im not riding with you." i interrupt, and stop walking.

"now doesn't that just suck." he said. "but guess what..." he finished, waiting for me to answer. 

"what?" i annoying ask, even though i know the answer.

"i... don't... care." he emphasized, still walking down the hall. 

the two big doors open and we both step outside. i see one horse, it has brown and white spots all over it. dream walks over to the horse and uses two fingers to motion me over. when i don't move, he rolls his eyes and looks frustrated.

"are you coming or not?" he asks, as he shifts things around on the horse.

"i want my own horse, im not riding with you." i repeat, crossing my arms.

"just get on this horse, why are you being so annoying?" he questioned, as he starts walking over to me.

"because i don't like you. now for the last time i am not going to-"

dream grabs my chin quickly and makes me look through his eye holes in the mask. being this close to him, i can see his emerald green eyes piercing right through my soul.

"you can act like a brat all you want around other people, but i won't accept it." he claimed, still looking right at me.

i grab his hand and use all my strength to push it off me. he turns his back and starts on his way back to the horse. "i hate you." i mutter. 

he stops in his tracks, but doesn't turn around. "you can hate me all you want, but i protect my investments." he answered, as he continues moving again back to the horse.

"im not going with you." i manage to get out.

"okay, then go back inside. it's not like i need you to go, i just thought you would like to get out of the castle." he says as he hoists himself up onto the horse.

"i would stay in that castle all day everyday if it means i don't ever have to see you again." i fumed, upset at how rude he was being.

"are you repulsed by me that much? or... is it the opposite?" he finishes, as he rides off along the path towards, as i can only guess the village.

i turn my back to him and walk towards the garden that i saw this morning underneath my balcony. when i get there i can see a bench towards the middle of the garden. i walk to the bench and sit down in it. there is a fountain in front of me and i can see some fish swimming around in it. as i look around and just relax i notice the bees that are swarming around the bushes and flowers. i can see a small group of bunnies jumping around and playing with each other. as much as i try to not think about what just went down with me and dream, i can't get it out of my head.

i hate him so much. i always thought the king would be a kind and generous man, but i was very wrong. he hates anyone he doesn't know and he has the wittiest comebacks. i don't want to be here, and i don't want to marry him. i am constantly wishing to be somewhere iv'e never known. no matter where i am, or who i am with im unsatisfied, tired and i just want to leave. but as i think about it, i felt like this even when i lived in lmanburg. my soul is tired and this stupid king is not going to help me out.

~~~~~

word count: 763