𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐

they hate each other...
no, they really don't.
- unknown

~~~~~

i wake up to the sound of a zombie. i quickly jump up and look around for anything to defend myself with. i didn't even realize i fell asleep on the garden bench, it is pitch black outside. i walk backwards as the zombie follows me. i get cut from something behind me, quickly jumping and turning around to see what it was. it was another zombie, as it emerged from the bushes i could see more and more zombies walking towards me. i could count about nine or ten of them coming at me.

"y/n?" i hear dream yell from behind me. "what are you- holy shit!"

dream runs in front of me and it all happens in a split second. he pulls out his netherite sword and starts slashing the zombies. in only a matter of a couple seconds all the zombies are dead and dream is out of breath, standing in front of me, sword by his side. he turns around and faces me, putting his sword back into the hanger on his back.

"y/n what are you doing out here? are you stupid?" clay asks as he starts walking up to me.

"i could have defended myself." i mumble.

"i just saved you, and that is how you repay me? no, thank you?" he bragged, towering over me.

"dream, i didn't need your help." i express.

"says the girl who was about to get eaten alive. no need to thank me though." he answered, as he starts to walk back towards the entrance of the castle.

"i would rather have died back there than have to go into that castle with you." i blurt out, starting to walk with him.

dream doesn't answer me and just keeps walking. we finally make it the door and it opens, we both go our separate ways and i walk up the spiral stairs. i make it to my room and undress out of the uncomfortable green dress i had on. i change into a short, almost see through night gown. i look into the mirror on my dresser and see the large cut that i got from the zombie fiasco. as i examine the cut, there is a knock on my door.

"sapnap? you can come in." i yell, so sapnap can hear it from the other side of the door.

as i watch the doorknob turn, i see a tall figure walk through the door. it is the king, not sapnap. his eyes meet mine. i see his eyes shift from my face to the cut on my arm, and his eyes grow wide.

"what is that?" dream asks, as he walks in the room and shuts the door behind him.

"it doesn't matter." i respond, as i cover my arm up with my night gown. "why are you here?" i finish.

he starts walking to me and stands behind me, my eyes following him while looking through the mirror. he doesn't say anything as he uses his hand to reveal my cut, feeling around it. i wince in pain as he presses two fingers directly onto my cut, he releases his pressure. i use my hands to cover my gash back up with my night gown, and i quickly turn around to face dream. my face meeting his mask that i don't think he will ever take off around me. his head pointing down at me, my head leaning up looking at him.

"im fine dream, i don't need your help." i utter, now feeling the pain in my shoulder.

"you need to be cleaned up y/n... why didn't you tell me?" he insisted, hands down by his side.

"because your majesty, i don't know how to put this nicely, but i hate you. you sold my life away, don't try to blame it on wilbur." i asserted, our bodies close.

"who said i liked you? you just need to be cleaned up, i don't want blood everywhere." he answered, turning his back away from me. "i will call sapnap in here to get you healed. oh and y/n, by the way... you frustrate me incredibly." he finishes as he walks out the door, and closes it behind him.

i walk over to my bed and sit down. uncovering my cut, and looking at it. the way he touched my skin felt wrong. the tension between us when we were standing face to face made me want to hit him... but it wasn't toxic tension... it was, as much as i hate to admit it, it was sexual tension.

~~~~~

word count: 775