𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑

two souls don't ever just find each other by coincidence.
- el

~~~~~

when sapnap walks in, he is carrying a bag. he makes his way over to me and sits down right beside me on the bed. he zips open the bag and takes out some gauze and a bottle of alcohol. he pours the alcohol on the gauze and goes to press it on my cut, but stops before he reaches it.

"this is going to sting a little bit." he warns.

"just do it, i can handle it." i answer.

he places the gauze onto my cut and i don't feel it at first. as the alcohol sinks into my skin i can start to feel it working and start to clean my skin. i wince in pain from the initial sting it gives off. as he presses it on there harder it starts to feel better. he removes the gauze and takes out a long white bandage. he gently starts wrapping it around my arm and over my shoulder, covering the cut completely. he finished helping me, closes his bag and starts to walk out.

"t-thank you sapnap." i utter, still sitting on my bed.

"no problem y/n, i'm always here for you." he says, as he walks out of my room and shuts the door behind him.

i smile to myself and stand up from my bed. i make my way over to the front of my bed sheets, roll them back and slide under them. this is my first time in my new bed and as much as i want this to be my last, i have a feeling it won't be by a long shot. i turn off the lamp on my bedside table and flip over onto my side turning away from my door. as i drift off to sleep, my head can't help but wander back to the weird moment i had with dream not that long ago. 

~~~~~

my eyes open to the sun shining brightly into them. i pick the blankets up off of me and roll out of bed. i replace the sheets as i climb out of bed. i walk over to my closet and start searching through all of the clothes in it. i finally come across a short, light green dress that is open in the back. i change into it and walk over to the mirror on my dresser. i put my hair into a low ponytail and pull out a few of my baby hairs, i do my makeup and slip on some heels that i found in my closet as well.

i open the door and take a big breath in and then let it go. i don't think i am ready for my third day here in this prison. i step out of my room and shut the door behind me, taking my first step onto the spiral staircase. i put my hand on the railing, and continue down the stairs. when i get to the bottom i look left and right and see no one. i don't see sapnap and i don't even see any guards. as i walk down the halls i still see no one, i turn down a corner and don't recognize it as a hall i have ever been down. all the rooms are dark but i can see light emitting from a room all the way down the hall. when i make it to the door i put my ear against it and listen. i don't hear any voices so i turn the doorknob and walk in.

my face meets a man i have never seen before. he looks up at me and his face drops. as his eyes meet mine i can tell that i have seen this man before. his emerald eyes pierce my body and i can tell right away who this is. the only thing he is missing is the smiley face mask. the room that i entered was the king's.

"y/n, what are you doing in here?" he yells, as he scrambles to put on his mask.

~~~~~

word count: 702