𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟓

the family i once thought i had, 
is the same family i never actually had to begin with.
- ryn

~~~~~

i hop onto one of the horses, and ride off into the direction of lmanburg. to this day i never thought i would actually be going back to my home town. i can't lie, im excited to be heading back. im excited to see the place, not the people. wilbur is dead to me and so is tommy now. im not the biggest fan of the other people either. 

i make it to the entrance of lmanburg, the big wooden oak doors closed. before i get off the horse, i grab the green dagger off the saddle of the horse and slide it under my ballgown that i never got the chance to take off. i walk up to the entrance and i give the metal ring on the door a good knock and wait. i can hear someone walking towards the door, and it opens with ease. fundy opens the door, and his mouth gapes open. 

"y/n? where is tommy? wasn't he supposed to come back with you?" he asked, opening the door wider for me to walk in. "you can come in, you're family."

"thank you fundy, you see im looking for-" i start but quickly get interrupted as arms wrap around me. "i should have known this was a trap! let go of me, i need to get back to dream!" i cry out, trying to break free.

i look at both of my sides and see tubbo on one, and fundy on the other. they quickly wrap my arms with a rope so i can't try anything. they must remember i was the best fighter in this town. i was taught from the best... right as i say that the one and only comes walking up to me. 

"oh look who decided to finally come back." wilbur boasted, stopping right in front of me. 

"wil, let me go." i demanded, struggling to get free. 

"why? so you can go and see your loverboy?" he teasingly whispered in my ear.  

"oh shut up wilbur. you were the one who gave me away, don't even try to explain yourself for that." i claimed, turning my head away from him. 

"tell me why you're here y/n. then i can set you free." wilbur nagged, taking steps back. 

"i just need to find philza, is he not here?" i replied. "i need something from him."

"like what?... this?" wilbur chided, holding up the totem of undying. 

"how do you have that?" i asked, scared of what he might say. "where is philza?"

"you see y/n, this whole thing was my plan. everything that led up this point, i have planned out." wilbur begins, walking side to side in front of me. "everyone in lmanburg hates the king, maybe even... wants him dead. so, when i went to the king to ask him to take you off our hands-"

"you what? you were the one who sold me away? it was you all along..." i interrupt, losing strength to stand up. 

"y/n, you actually thought the king would want you? no one will ever want you, you don't belong anywhere." he claimed, turning his body and walking away from me. "tubbo, fundy, lead her to the van." 

i get picked up and dragged to the van. the door opens and i get thrown in, its just me and wilbur. my hands still tied around my back, i realize i have the dagger underneath my dress. he looks directly at me and smiles. 

"where are you keeping tommy?" wilbur questions, placing his hands behind his back.

"all of those times that tommy said he loved me, did he actually love me?" i ask, changing the subject.

"tommy never told me he was going to say he loved you, he could, but i don't care enough." he explained, his eyes shifting outside the van. i quickly take the dagger from out of my undergarments that it was stuck in, and whittle away at the rope. wilbur looks back at me, now approaching me.

"now im going to repeat myself one more time, where is tommy-" 

i free my hands and push wilbur off of me. i get up and scramble, trying to get out of van but wilbur catches my leg. "not very graceful, are you?" he asks, grinning as he pulls his sword out from behind his back. 

"i don't need grace darling, i've got skill," i retort amusedly, drawing back my dagger pointing it at his chest. i throw my dagger at his head, but he catches it moments before it connects with his skin. before i have time to react, he's hooked his foot round my ankle, sending my sprawling onto the floor. 

just as i brace for the impact of the ground, his strong arm catches me by the waist. i fight him, squirming desperately, but he pins me against the wall behind me. he holds my hands above my head with one of his own. 

"don't start fights you can't win, love." he smirks, placing my own dagger to my throat. 

"i'm not going to win huh?" i murmur, closing the distance between us. before he tries to answer i switch positions swiftly, leaving him to be the one against the wall. his sword drops and i pick it up, pointing it towards his neck. "surrender" i command. 

he looks up at me in a way that seems like both shock and admiration. i quickly grab the totem from his pocket and run out, dropping the sword behind me. i leave through the giant oak doors that once led to my home, back when i belonged somewhere... or thought i did. 

~~~~~

word count: 968