𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

if i asked you to name all the things that you love...
how long would it take to name yourself?
- unknown

~~~~~

me and sapnap make it to the room i first arrived this place in. the doors opened and sapnap led me inside. i remember the long table that once had wilbur sitting at the end of it. dream isn't here yet, as their is no sign of him. i let go of sapnap's arm and walk to the end of the table, pulling out the chair to sit down. just as i take a seat, dream comes out from a doorway in the corner of the room. he pulls out a chair and also sits down, but at the other end of the table. sapnap leaves the room and shuts the doors behind him.

"you wanted to see me?" i asked, being the first one to talk. 

i could tell he was studying me. of course, i have never seen his face because of that mask he wears. but i can see right through it, i can see his eyes looking all over me. i can tell he likes what he sees, even at the dinner last night. he was jealous that he wasn't the only one who got to see me in the dress, all the guests did too. im just happy i pissed him off, i showed him what i am made of. he is wearing a different green suit this time, it was still the dark green but it had a black suede middle. he was attractive, i couldn't lie... but right now, he's my enemy.

"that would be correct. we have to- go over some things." he explained, still sitting back in the chair.

"okay, and what would these things be about?" i emphasized, crossing my leg over my other and interlocking my fingers placing them on the table.

"i have a feeling you might like this whole arrangement." dream answered. 

"me? liking this? this i have to hear." i laughed. their is no way i can like this arrangement, i have to marry dream in the end. i don't like him.

"me and wilbur have been talking and-" 

"you and wilbur have been talking?" i interrupted, looking a little less confident. uncrossing my legs, twiddling my thumbs. 

"yes, we have. me and him have decided that-" 

"can i talk to him?" i interrupted again.

"not right now. let me finish." he snapped, standing up and slamming his hand on the table. "me and wilbur have been talking and we decided that we should give you a little bit of an option in this whole thing." he continued, now walking back and forth at his end of the table.

"sort of my decision? it should be my decision." i announced, watching him walk back and forth. not in a pacing way, he wasn't nervous, he was calm.

"i have decided that you get one year." dream started. "you get one year to fall in love with me, if you don't... you get to run back to your little town lmanburg." he finished, stopping his tracks and looking me right in the eyes.

"w-wait, you are seriously letting me go back to lmanburg?" i exclaimed. "so all i have to do is not fall in love with you? easy." i giggle, looking right back at him.

he starts walking towards me and stops right beside me. he looks down at me and i can feel him smiling underneath his mask. he places his hand underneath my chin and lifts my face up so i am looking him right in the eye.

"i think you might have a hard time with that." he vowed, walking out of the room. leaving me sitting in the chair behind him, in shock.

~~~~~

word count: 636