Chapter 9

“Can you just shut up for a minute?” I heard Manar say. That made me angrier. Before I could say anything, she interrupted me.

“The world does not only revolves around you. This was all none of your business and if you stick your nose in my business again, I will call the police. You do not need to know anything. But to answer your damn  stupid questions: he is my cousin. I am Manar. I don’t know what you mean. I am not pairing up for revenge. It’s not a joke. He wants my child. Happy? Yes? Okay, bye” she said while turning around. She walked towards her friend who was holding her stuff and grabbed it. They went in a car together and stormed off.  I turned towards Nourdin and saw him talking to a guy who was holding him before. I walked over to him with fast steps. I grabbed him by his throat. The other guy tried to help him but I was unstoppable. He looked at me with an eyebrow raised, clearly not expecting it.

“What do you want from them?!” I asked Nourdin. He smirked a bit.

“I want to take what is mine. I am going to take what is mine” he said. That made me angry and I felt the need to protect them.

“Manar isn’t yours nor is Karim” I said throughout my teeth. His eyes widened.

“So she called it Karim? That’s my second name” he said with disbelief. He looked a bit to the side, clearly trying to take the information in. I wanted to face-palm myself for myself for giving the information. My hold tightened.

“You are going to stay away from them” I said for the last time before pushing him back. How could he call a beautiful child an 'it'?! No, I was going to do anything to stop him. Manar didn't deserve it.

“Who do you think you are?!” I heard Nourdin yell but I turned around and walked away, tyring to control my anger. And the fact that I lied to Manar made me angrier..

~

“Who does he think he is?!” I yelled in disbelief. We were going to my house to make sure Karim was safe.

“No, I mean, I don’t understand. What does he want from me? He is always around since I met him!” I yelled at Lynn. She just kept quiet, which she knew she should. I always had short temper. So, when I am mad, it is going to be the best if you keep quiet. She was driving the car and parked in front of my appartment. I got out as soon as I could and made my way up the stairs.

“I mean, come on. It is my problem, not his. He should just keep himself out of it. I don’t trust him” I rambled while knocking on the door from Thea. She opened and I just made my way to her living room while still rambling about Kamal. When I saw Karim, I stopped and run towards him. He opened his arms towards me to take him and that was what I did.

“Thank you Thea. Sorry, I just got in without saying anything. I just have a lot in my head” I said while packing Karim’s stuff. Me and Lynn made our way with Karim towards my appartment and got in. I didn't even wait for Thea's reply. She was used to it though.

“Here, let me take him. He is tired so I will just tuck him in” she said, knowing exactly that I needed space. When she went with Karim I made my way over to the couch. Tears started to stream down the moment  I sat down. He was free. He had the opportunity to hurt me and to take Karim. I was not going to give Karim to him. To someone who didn’t want him to begin with. The thought of losing Karim made my heart ache. I couldn’t breath properly. They were stronger and had much more money than I had. With one call they would be able to take him from me. I didn’t want that. Who would want that anyway. Karim is my child and only mine. I won’t give up on him. Ever.

___

I know it is short, but please understand it. I am really really, really busy these few weeks. School, work, exams, the engagement of my friend.. Its just tiring and I don't have time for Wattpad. After a few weeks I will be able to update regularly, as I don't like late updates too. Please just be patient.