Chapter 72

Chapter 72

This is my second update today. if you havent read 71, read that one first!!

I immediately stood up and grabbed Karim. She looked at me as if she didn't understand why I did that.

"I think you are in the wrong room" I said, trying to tell her that she should go. Her attitude and eyes just showed me red light. I didn't feel like she was genuine and I was scared of what she was up to.

"No, I'm not, he is my son" she said, pointing at Kalil. My eyes widened. This is not Kamal's mother though, even though I thought that for a second. Kalil was his half brother from his dad. So this must be the woman that left Kalil and just ran away after giving birth. Kalil started crying and shaking which made me look at him. He had closed his eyes and turned a little towards me. I put Karim next to him and put my hand on his arm to let him relax. I also pressed on the secret button that was near his head which made nurses come directly to the room. The woman started walking closer.

"What do you think you are doing? That is my son, I came to pick him up" she said, grabbing his arm. Kalil started screaming and I tried to pull him back.

"You are not getting him!" I yelled back. She was still trying and yelling stuff at me when the nurses arrived. They grabbed her from behind and took her out of the room. She was still yelling about how she would take him. One nurse stayed behind and asked me if I was okay. I nodded, puttin my hand on my heart. It was jumping out of my chest. The familiar feeling of losing my son to the enemy came to my mind and I had a hard time breathing because of it. The nurse asked what had happened and her face changed when I told her. She didn't explain when I asked what was wrong but just ran out of the room. I grabbed my phone, knowing that that was the only thing I could do. My hand started to shake when my finger went to his name. I pressed on dial, knowing I couldn't do anything else.

"Manar?" he said, which made me lose myself yet again. I tried to speak but it wasn't working. His soft voice caught me off guard, bringing back so many feelings.

"Baby?" he said softly, making me angry. He was married, yet he called me baby? I pushed aside what he said and grabbed myself together, giving myself a hard voice.

"You need to come to the hospital. A woman came and wanted to take Kalil out of here. She said she was his mother" I said and even I was surprised by my tone. He was silent for a second and I bit my lip, not knowing what was about to happen.

"Are you serious?" he spat out. I nodded, even though I knew he couldn't see it.

"Is he okay? She didn't take him right? Oh God" he said and I heard him moving. Bet he was on his way already.

"Yeah he is here. He is a bit shaken up but I was here so she couldn't take him" I replied, not wanting to make him worried.

"Are you okay?" he said with a quiet voice. I closed my eyes, knowing what he meant. I didn't want to reply, especially not now.

"Just.. hurry up" I said, ending the call without even waiting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How is your summer going guysss?