Chapter 28

I started writing a new book called 'Broken Blue Balloons', check it out if you want!

Chapter 28

I was walking down the streets. Not really knowing where to. Without a destination. I just needed my son. I couldn't tell the police because this time I won't be able to win the case. I didn't have enough money nor did I have the power to fight them again. I didn't want to face them. I didn't want to go through the same again. Not again. It was unbearable. I couldn't take it twice. The last wasn't off of my shoulders completely from last time. I couldn't..

Just when I was about to turn I ran into someone. The smell of him told me enough of who it was. My head shot up immediately, wanting to see his face. He looked down and I saw that he was shocked. He immediately took a step back, breaking the eye-contact. I just used this opportunity. It could be the last time I saw him.

"Maher" I said, trying to let him look at me. His eyes were directed at me again, but this time with hate.

"Maher I need your help" I said, holding his arms. He could be the only one who would help me.

"I don't want to. Get off" he said trying to release his arms from my grip, only to make me to hold him tighter. It was the only way.

"You need to! They kidnapped your nephew, Maher!" I yelled. This made him look at me with bigger eyes. He was silent for a second, trying to register what I had said.

"I don't care" he said which made me let go off his arm. I felt like I just touched boiling water with my heart. It began to hurt. And with seconds passing, it started hurting more. He wasn't like this. He used to be different- caring. He never hurt a fly and thought everyone had a value in life. I never thought hat he would not even care for his own blood.

"You know what its okay. I have been alone since the day I needed you all the most. Nourdin kidnapped my child, my blood. Even thought I didn't want him that way, he is still the best thing that has ever happened to me" I said, grabbing his arm again and looking at him with a strong expression. I needed for him to believe me.

"You all knew that I was telling the damn truth at court and you all knew that I was hurt too badly by him. Though none of you stood up for me. I was there on my own, all one, without family supporting me. I needed to go through the worst things alone. I hardly ever got money. The first few months I slept in this garden from people that felt bad for me. After I got a counselor that helped me through everything, I was finally being able to work, to pay for a house. Not that it feels like home- no, my home was with you. With her, him and you. And now I see how you all saw me as home" I said, releasing my grip for the second time. I was searching his face for any emotion, but he wasn't showing any. He just had a blank expression. I felt my cheeks getting wet. I shook my head. It was useless. They brainwashed him too. He would never believe me. I looked away, not wanting to see his stare anymore and turned around to walk away.

"I don't know. They don't tell me a thing. You are asking the wrong person. Hafsa and Lina know everything about it. You should ask them" I heard from behind me. I turned around as fast as I could and looked at him. He was looking at me guiltily and I knew he had all his walls down.

"Can you help me?" I asked him. That made him build his walls up again. He hardened his stare and shook his head. Then he turned around and ran fastly away. That made me realize that I couldn't run away from my past anymore. I was ready to face them. But not alone..

~

"Kamal, when should we go look for a wedding dress?" I heard her annoying voice from beside me. I was texting my bodyguard to find information about the background of Nourdin. If my dad wasn't going to help me, I was going to do it alone. The fact that Manar didn't want me there didn't mean I was going to break my promise. I was going to get Karim back, no matter what it takes.

"Kamal?" she said again. I felt a bit bad for her. I mean, the girl had no clue of what was happening. Hell she even didn't know she was engaged to a married man. Married.. That sounde-

"KAMAL?!" I jumped a bit in my chair and turned towards her annoyed.'

"What?!" I spat back at her when I saw her rolling her eyes. She showed me a picture of a wedding dress. It was not really beautiful, not really my taste. My eyes fell on another picture with a wedding dress on. It was very beautiful. How would Manar look in thi- no, no I was not going to think about her. I shook my head and concentrated on what Hafsa had said.

"Oh, did you like that one?" she said while pointing at the picture of the wedding dress that I liked. I shook my head while putting it back on the table. It felt like betrayal. I wouldn't like to see her in a wedding dress that I imagined Manar in. Not that I was going to marry Hafsa, obviously.

"Not? Okay. I kinda liked this one, if you liked it too of course" she said and started rambling about how the dress would look good on her. I just nodded here and there and kept messaging with Hasim, my bodyguard. Don't ask me why I call him that. My dad hired him as my bodyguard when I was little and he sticked with us til now. Now he is just doing work for my dad and takes after the house. My fingers went automatically to Manar's number. I restraint myself when I was almost pressing on the call button. I needed to hear her voice. But she told me to go. I nee- shut up.

"I gotta go" I said, while standing up. I heard her yell after me but my mind only wanted to hear the voice of one woman. And if I wanted to hear that, I was going to hear that.