Chapter 2

POV:
When you see a ~ this means that there is a POV change. There will only be Kamal and Manar POV and you will figure out whose POV it is from the first sentence. I just don't like writing '... POV' in the stories lol.

_____________________

"KAMAL!" someone yelled from beside me. I turned and saw that my teammate Austin was free. He was at the right side of the goal and he had no one watching him.

We had only two minutes left and we were in a draw with the second team, which means a single goal can grant us victory. I looked again at Austin and his path was clear, so I directly passed the ball to him following a one- two technique and then we scored. All of my teammates ran up to us and jumped on top of us interrupting our chest bump celebration

"Congratulations boys! You nailed it!" our coach yelled as he threw a bucket of cold ice on us. It was our tradition after each victorious match.

He came up to us and high-fived me. We played against a weak team but it was still important.

"Well done, guys" I said to my teammates as I dried my wet hair with the towels the coach brought.

"You too captain" I heard my friend Maher say. I gave him a nod and began sipping from my water bottle. He came up to me and bumped me with his shoulder. I bumped him back and we entered a bumping contest until we reached the changing rooms.

I went to my locker and reached for my phone. When I looked at it I saw that I had a few missed calls from my father. I rolled my eyes and ignored it, not caring what he had to say. I am sure it was about business. I cared neither about business nor about their money. I didn't care because these people never think about other things but money. It was money, money and money. Nothing else. Not even their one and only child. They never even bothered to come to one of my matches. Not in my whole twenty-two years of living. I shook my head pushing the thoughts away and headed over to the showers.

~

It was getting late, and I was sitting in the library of my school doing my homework. I was free but I had to work in the evening, so I did my homework before work. I didn't go home, because the way home is too long so I only could do it at school. It's hard, studying and working, but it's only for my son. I think that every mother would want to give their children the best of everything. That's why I work so hard, for the both of us. Just when I was sorting my last things, I felt someone sitting in the chair beside me. I looked up and rolled my eyes when I saw who it was.

"Go away Hafsa" I said while packing my stuff. I didn't need this. I never needed this. I tried to concentrate my breathing. 'Stay strong' I told myself.

"You, Manar. You should go away. You should throw yourself off a bridge" she said. I tried to ignore her. I grabbed my bag and stood up. Be patient, be quiet. It will come back good. That was the only motto I had to stay strong in front of them. I felt her come and she stood in front of me. 'Be patient, be quiet. It will come back good. That was the only motto I had in order to stay strong in front of them'. Her steps squeaked on the floor underneath us and she stood in front of me.

"You ruined my brother's life. So it's my duty to ruin yours" she said. My eyes widened, but I wasn't shocked. They were like this, all of my cousins. Hafsa was young, but smart enough. They didn't care about me. They didn't believe me. They believed him. Only him.

"Can't you see that I am the one who has the ruined life here? I don't need this so just leave me alone" I said. I tried to shove her but she was just too strong.

"You" she pointed her finger to my chest "You and that bastard will see. We are going to ruin your life and his" she said and walked away before I could say something. I wanted to scream. I wanted to cry. My son is not a bastard. My son is the best thing I have ever had and I won't let anyone say things like that about him, especially not his aunt. I took a deep breath and walked out of the school. I had to go by bus, because I didn't have a car. I didn't even know how to drive. How pathetic right? And she dares to say that I ruined his life. Couldn't she see?

Just when I was waiting for the bus, I saw the person I really wanted, but also didn't want to see.

~~~~~~~~

EDITED

Oh my Allah! Just with 1 chapter we reached 1000 reads. Like? What?! And then also in the top-5 spiritual.. Alhamdulillah. Thank you all guys, it means a lot! <3