Chapter 25

Chapter 25.

"It wasn't Karim. The child there was just a doll, not Karim.." Kamal said that made my blood turn cold. I held onto the nearest thing, meeting a softness. I looked over and saw that I was holding Kamal's hand. I immediately let go and looked away. The fear, the anger –every bad emotion started to raise in me. I felt my body shake. I was cold but I knew I was sweating.

"Manar, please don't do this. You're hurt. I swear I am going to get your son back" I heard his voice whisper but it was no help. I looked over at Kamal. I wanted to say something, but I couldn't. His eyes turned from blue into green. Green, the colour I hate so much. His pale skin started getting tan and his curly blond hair transformated into pitch black. I wanted to take steps back, saving myself. I wanted to save myself from the pain I went through. I couldn't let it happen again. Not again.

"Go" I heard myself say without noticing. The pain in my stomach became with the minute worse but I couldn't do anything about it. I didn't even want to think about that. I couldn't. I was focused on something else. The person in front of me, that was going to hurt me. The memories came up to surface like it was all real. I felt him nearing me. No! Stop!

"GO!" I heard myself. I heard the shaking of my voice, the fear. It was a painful sound, something I never wanted to hear again after that night. My eyes never left his. The green scared me too much. Slowly by slowly I felt myself relax when I saw him taking steps back. He was still looking at me with evil eyes but he was distancing himself, which made my heart breathe for a second. When he was completely out of my sight, I felt myself calm down. I put my head on the pillow because it was too heavy for me to carry.

"Come back, my little one.." I said before closing my eyes.

~

"Excuse me, who are you?" I heard from beside me when I closed the door. Manar was getting crazy so I needed to find Karim soon. The way she was looking at me hurt me. She was looking at me with eyes that begged not to touch her, not to hurt her. I don't know what happened to her, but I was sure something bad happened. I looked at my side and saw a woman in fancy clothes with a notepad in her hand.

"Who are you?" I asked her when I realized she wanted to go into Manar's room. She looked at me from head to toe.

"I am Manar's lawyer and counselor. I helped her a lot with her case etcetera. Why were you in her room?" what case? What happened with Manar that she needed a lawyer?

"I gotta go. When she asks for me, please let her call me through her phone that I put in her nighstand beside her bed" I said, wanting to go out of there. Hospitals always got to me. I always hated it. I looked around me to see if anyone was following me. When I didn't see anyone, I took the stairs to the place where people stayed who practically lived at the hospital. I looked for the door number. I always got lost here, even though I used to come every day. Its just that I wasn't myself and I couldn't concentrate when I came down here. When I found the door, I reached for it, taking a deep breath. The moment I opened the door, I was hit with the smell of medicines with a familiar nice touch in it. I looked in the light up eyes when they saw me.

"Hey, little man. Long time no see"

~~~~~~~~

Salaam guys, sorry for the late update. My school did start and it is frustrating me out already. I feel so lonely and I miss high school already. There is no one I know at my new school and I also have no muslim in my class or in the whole place where my education thing is. I really thought I would have one in my class I could be friends with for ever. Maybe its too early to judge, I trust Allah too much that I am patient for the first time in my life. Also are there a few other things I need to work out in my mind and thats why I couldn't bring myself to writing. Please pray for me, I really need it right now. I just need you all. Gimme a big hug!