Chapter 51

Chapter 51

His low voice made the memories appear again. The pain, the struggle.. Me screaming for him to stop- everything came up to surface. I turned around, hoping that it was a dream. When I met his green eyes, the same ones as Karim's, I saw that it was not a dream. I got up, wanting to get out of there as soon as possible. When I took a step back, he took one closer. It was like that day, making it unable for me to breathe. Don't  was going through my mind the whole time. The surroundings started to change in my eyes. Darkness.. The old house.. Rain.. He came forward and grabbed my arm. The pain shot through my body, making me freeze like ice. He was saying things, but I was only seeing his eyes. His eyes that has been haunting me for a year now. He started pulling me along with him, and I blindly followed. I was so stiff and so into the pain that went through my body that I couldn't fight it. Out of nowhere I felt someone grabbing my free arm, pulling me back. This feeling was different, it was warm. It made my heart melt, since I longed for his touch for such a long time. He pulled me again, making me turn around and crash into his chest. The tears started to stream down and my body still felt as hard as a stone, and I knew nothing could change it. I heard shoutings- Kamal's voice that was screaming at the people around. My eyes were closed, because I was scared that it was a dream when I opened my eyes. What if it was really dark and Nourdin was really alone with me? What if I was just imagining that Kamal was here? What i-

"Manar, open your eyes, dammit! Its me!" I heard his voice echoing through my mind. I snuggled closer, wanting nothing more than his comfort.

"I'm dropping you off and then take her home, okay?" I heard his voice, now calmer but still with anger.

"Okay, but what about Nourdin? What is going to happen now?" I heard Lynn's worried voice. Her voice made me calm a bit. She may not be muslim, but she was the only one that genuinely cared for me.

"I will take care of that" I heard him say, making me more comfortable. I wasn't with Nourdin. He was here, he was here and he was comforting me. I felt him drag me somewhere and when he put me down, I felt that I was sitting in a car. My eyes were still closed and the tears were still streaming down like a free fall. You want to stop it but you cannot since you are going downwards and there is nothing that could stop it. I blocked out their voices since they were talking about Nourdin and I tried to concentrate on beautiful things like the seasons, Karim and everything more.

I felt his touch on me and felt him holding me in his arms, getting me out of the car. I wrapped my arms around his neck automatically and put my face in his neck. I missed his scent so much, his scent that just took my breath away everytime he was near. I felt that the cold around me had changed into warm and the smell of my house entered my nose, making me feel more relaxed. He put me on the couch and I missed his touch instantly. That made me open my eyes, and when I did, my heart broke. The surroundings of his eye was completely black, he had a busted lip and he looked pale. Tears started to stream again just when they had stopped. He kneeled down in front of me, and my hand went immediately to his face, caressing his cheek.

"What happened?" I whispered, wanting to know what caused this. He looked away, avoiding my eyes.

"Kamal?" I whispered softly. He then pushed my hand away and stood up, turning towards the window that was next to me. It made me feel hurt, because I didn't want him to be like this to me. But then this thought went through me.

"Did Nourdin do this?!" I asked while trying to get up, but I fell down on the couch immediately because of how weak I was. He immediately kneeled down and grabbed my hand.

"What's wrong?" he asked me with a worried voice that made me feel better after he acted like that.

"I'm dizzy" I said while closing my eyes.

"Did you eat anything?" he asked me. I thought about it for a second and remembered that I hadn't really eaten anything since yesterday. I shook me head, making him cuss under his breath. He then let go of my hand and I opened my eyes to see him walking to my kitchen. A few minutes later he came back with a sandwich and a cup of tea.

"We need to do some grocery shopping for you, the drawers are empty" he said, handing me the sandwich. I took it from him, ignoring what he said, since I didn't have the money to buy anything more than bread. I started eating the sandwich while he was letting me sip from my tea.

"Will you tell me what happened?" I asked him softly when I was done eating. He put my plate on the table and looked away.

"Kamal" I said, grabbing his chin to let him took at me. His blue eyes pierced through mine and my thumb went over his wound on his lip, making me feel a feeling that I was unknown to.

"I just.." he started, but shook his head and looked down. I pushed his face up again but he didn't look at me.

"We need to divorce"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH