Chapter 44

Chapter 44

"Get inside" Kamal told me, pushing me forward. I grabbed his arm to stop him. I didn't want to leave him here. I wasn't going to leave him with him. I threw him a look but he wasn't buying it.

"Manar get inside!" He yelled at me. It made me stop for a second. He had never yelled at me like that. Never. I let go of his arms, and went inside without realizing. When I thought of Nourdin being here, my steps started to go faster. Before I knew it, I was knocking on the door of Thea.

"Lock the door, now!" I yelled at her when she opened the door for me to get in. I walked over to the voice of Karim in the room, grabbing him to hold him tight.

"Call the police. Call my lawyer" I told Thea, while making sure that Karim wasn't going to cry. I didn't want him to feel anything of what I was feeling. My hands started to shake when I thought of the moment he put his hand on my mouth, making it unable to call for help. I smiled at Karim when he was giving me a little car to play with. I started playing with him, blocking out everything that could be happening downstairs. It didn't last long when I heard sirens and screaming. Loud. Near. I put Karim down, closing my ears. I didn't want to do anything with it. I just wanted to play with Karim, not thinking of anything and forgetting everything. Thea came in, shaking me roughly. I tried to concentrate on what she was saying, but it wasn't helping.

"You are over Manar. I took it from you. I took your freedom, your chance of a future. You will be mine from now on. You cannot do anything but obey me. No men would want you like this. No one would love you like this. So be a good girl and give me what I deserve" his voice echoed through everywhere. The things he said a few days after he took everything from me. My family, my pride- everything. Loud bangs on the door made me snap out of his disgusting voice.

"Don't open it!" I yelled, when Thea was making her way towards the door. She moved her mouth but I couldn't hear anything she was saying. She just kept walking towards the door. I was yelling for her to stop, hugging Karim. She didn't even listen. Thea didn't too anymore. Her hand touched the door and within a second it was open, revealing a lot of men. In the middle was Kamal, covered in blood, being completely red. The police officers walked in with guns and started to walk everywhere, going in every room. Kamal just looked at me with a look that I just wanted to wash off of his face. Thea walked over to me, taking Karim from me. I stood up, not even feeling my legs. I walked over to Kamal, touching his hand when I was near. He immediately grabbed it, intertwining our fingers. I looked away, walking over to the bathroom, still holding his hand. I let go of it when we were inside. I started looking for towels and opened the tap, so that the hot water would flow down. I put the towels in the sink to let it get warm and wet and then turned towards Kamal, who was still standing in front of the door. I grabbed his arms and let him sit on the end of the bathtub. I turned towards the sink and grabbed the wet towels to clean his face. He didn't deserve it. He didn't deserve anything that happened to him. The guilt started to raise in me, as if it hadn't already. He sissed when I was cleaning the side of his head, making me see that he had a little cut there. Seeing him in pain made me blood from the inside.

"I am going to my lawyer tomorrow. To let the divorce start" I said, making the eyes of Kamal widen. He didn't need this, nor did I.

"This needed to stop earlier. Look at what happened. I shouldn't have dragged you in this" I said, while avoiding his eyes. Deep down I knew I didn't want this to end, whatever this was. He kept silent, the whole time I was cleaning. I took that as an 'okay' and felt this sad feeling burning my heart. I didn't ask him what had happened-I don't think my stomach would be able to handle that. I looked his face over, trying to see if there were places I forgot. I grabbed his chin and turned his face to the sides, to see if there was anything of the blood left. I saw that he had some redness in his blonde hair, so I wet another towel to clean that up. My hands were going through his soft curls, and for the first time I let myself get the feel of it, knowing that it was going to end soon. I knew how wrong this was, but I had no other choice. There was never going to be someone like him. Never. Before I knew it, he grabbed my arms and made me wrap them around his head and put his own arms around my waist, hugging me tightly. I tightened my grip, taking in his scent that I got used to. He then let go, putting his hands on the sides of my head, looking me in the eyes.

"Have you ever felt so vulnerable? Have you ever felt like you want to help someone so badly, but they are not allowing you to? Have you ever gone through something that you can't even put a name on? Have you ever felt like there is someone that deserves everything you could give her, but she is not seeing it? Have you ever thought of me never giving up on you, even though we only know each others eyes?" he said, making it harder to end it all. End the things that hadn't even started.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
A long chapter for not updating when I promised I would after 30 comments! There was a wedding from a family member that I wasn't going to attend, but had to from my parents so sorry for the late update! OMG THIS CHAPTER IS JUST SDJJJJDJD