Chapter 27

Chapter 27

"You sure you want that?" he asked me for the last time. I didn't react. I only looked him in the eyes as I was trying to tell him through my eyes. He then just nodded and went out of the room, making sure to close the door with a very loud sound. I closed my eyes for a second before I went to my room to pray.

~

I didn't care. I didn't care that she was being like that. It wouldn't change my mind of trying to find Karim for her. If something happens to him, I would feel bad, really bad. I feel like its my responsibility to take care of him. Hell, he even is legally on my passport. I drove home faster than I normally did. I heard a lot of sirens and everything for me to slow down but nothing could stop me. I felt like there was a lump in my throat. I couldn't really give it a place but I felt really bad. Without a sound and heavy breaths, I went through the doors of my house with my car. I didn't want to see to see them, not now, though I knew I had to. For Karim, for Manar.

"Is he home?" I asked our maid. She knew who I was talking about and nodded. She waited for me to give her my jacket but I didn't even bother to take it off. I walked straight to his office and went in without knocking. He put his phone down immediately when he saw me and he looked a bit nervous. I shook that thought away and went straight to the topic.

"You promised. You promised you were going to help me" I said, crossing my arms. I had to restrain myself before I would knock some stuff down. He looked at me and raised his brow.Then he placed his elbows on the table and intertwined his fingers.

"And you promised to marry Hafsa" he said. I rolled my eyes. That was not a reasonable reason.

"I am engaged to her, as you already know. I kept my promise" I said with a louder voice. I kept my promise. He had to help me. He was not getting away with it.

"No, I said I would help you when you marry Hafsa" he said and I felt like a train hit me. The anger in me wanted to be let out, and this time I wasn't going to stop it.

"Don't play games with me because we certainly aren't children. I asked something from you and you said you would help me in return for something else. I did engage with her. Why? Why huh? Why are you making everything so diffictult always. Why can't you just stand on my side for one time!" I said while kicking his chair. The thing that angered me the most was that he didnt even react. He didn't flinch, nor did he move.

"Tell me dammit!" I yelled again to get some words from him.

"I am already helping you with that boy. I give you money. I let you stay in this house. The car you love so much is bought with my money. You already have everythi-"

"Don't you dare finish that because you know what I'm talking about! I don't want your money nor your car. This house could be burnt down and I wouldn't even cry for it. I don't need your money. The only thing I want is for you to stand on my side, by my side. I want for you to help me when I need it, save me when I'm in danger. I don't want your money, that's not it and you know it too damn well but its like you are trying to ignore it. Why? Am I really such a burden? Am I really that hard to love? I only wanted to call you.. to call you dad. Thanks for not helping your son. I will do it on my own. And just for you to know, its really late now. Twentythree years is too late" I said and turned around, feeling completely and utterly miserable. Never had I ever talked to him like that. Never did I ever think of these things- I didn't even dare, because I knew it would only hurt me. I waited a second, waiting for him to call me back. Waiting for him to say sorry, to embrace me. No, that did not happen. Not when I waited and not when I went out of the door. He didn't say anything- didn't run after me. It has always been me. I have always been on my own. It was too late, really late.

~~~~~

Salaam guys, sorry for the short update but a lot of new stuff are going to come so thats why I needed to stop there. I was writing this in the train because I dont have time and this girl next to me irritated me so much by kicking my bag away while hers was much bigger and looking the whole time on my laptop. Thats why I made the page little so I wasn't able to read what I wrote because she was stalking me; so please forgive the mistakes:D
Love you all!