Chapter 78

Chapter 78

"Why are you doing this to me?" she asked me with teary eyes. I didn't like seeing her cry, especially if its because of me. She stood up, trying to walk away, but I wasn't letting her. I needed to let it out.

"Manar, please, wait- just listen" I said, blocking her way. She just closed her eyes while putting her hand on her forehead. Then she looked at me with angry eyes and I felt like being buried down in the ground. Her eyes were spitting fire at me and I knew I was in the wrong.

"I'm just tired of it, Kamal. Tired of people always choosing me as a target to get what they want"she said softly, making my blood boil.

"I didn't, Manar- just"

"Stop it!" she said, interrupting me.

"You say 'Manar listen, Manar its not what you think, Manar I love you'- all these things, Kamal, you are not making sense. You say these things the whole time yet you don't finish it. I'm tired of you and your stupid talks" she spat at me when I was trying to say what I wanted. It made me angry and I wanted to leave there but knew I would regret it later.

"You're right. Sorry. Just let me tell you one last thing before you leave" I said, trying to let her listen to me. She looked up at me with confused eyes. I knew she deserved to know. Her beauty, inside and out, deserve it.

"I didn't marry Hafsa. I walked away before I had to answer. Just like how I had planned it" I said, turning around to leave but her voice stopped me.

"You're lying" she said and I rolled my eyes. She was not believing me, still. I turned around, showing her my finger.

"Where is the ring?! Where is she now, Manar?! Where is Hafsa while I am here talking to the girl I so much love?! Where did you see me with her other than the wedding?! When did I ever lie to you?! I only hid things from you, but I never lied. Never. I came her thinking you deserve an explanation but you are not even believing me. Why do you want answers when you won't even believe them?" I said, letting the anger get to me. She looked at me for a second before looking down.

"Because I love you. I am scared, scared that I will be left again. That's what has been happening to me all the time. I am scared to believe you because I am scared you will turn into him. Sometimes I look at you, and I see him. It hurts me. And the fact that you stabbed me from the back with my family doesn't help it" she said, but I only got the first part. I took a step towards her.

"Say it again" I said while smelling her scent that was flying around her. The smell of flowers and vanilla hit me and it was everything I loved about her.

"I love you.. but I'm scared at the same time" she whispered, and I heard her taking in my scent too. We just stood there for a few minutes.

"Were you scared when we were together before?" I asked her, remembering her of the times where I was by her side. She shook her head slightly.

"Not a bit" she whispered. She took a step back and looked me in the eyes.

"I only did it all to save Karim and protect you two. I'm still the same Kamal and I would jump in front of that bullet that Nourdin fired again" I said, but she only looked down.

"You can run away as far as you want, but I will always be around to protect you. Manar, I want to be with you" I said, which made her smile while looking up at me with her hopeful, teary eyes that were leaving me breathless.

~~~~~~~~~~
WOOOOOOOOOOOO
Did you know I write two other books too? They're on my profile:)

Snapchat: summmmm3
Instagram: sssilentscreamsss
WeHeartIt: sssilentscreamsss