Chapter 60

Chapter 60 already OMG

"Do you know how to take wudu?" she asked me. I rolled my eyes. Of course I did. I was feeling a little uneasy, since this all went against my pride. Don't get me wrong, I'm a man, and we don't like this kind of stuff. Getting taught by a woman about something we could've easily known. I would've much rather learned it by myself without needing her help.

"Okay, the go do it. I will put the prayer mat ready" she said and pushed me inside of the bathroom. I walked over to the sink and looked in the mirror. My curly blonde locks had been growing so long and I felt like there was some negative vibe on my face. I could see that all the stress was tiring me out and I didn't even want to think about it. I turned on the water and started doing wudu. I hadn't done this for a while now and it felt so, so good. I dried my face while looking in the mirror when I was done. I felt different. I felt like the load on my shoulder was suddenly gone. Okay, not all of it but I could feel lighter. I went out of the bathroom, meeting Manar. She had a long dress on with her hijab and she grabbed my hand when I neared her.

"How did that feel?" she asked me. I just shrugged my shoulders, not wanting to give in. She just laughed and dragged me along to the living room, where she had put a prayer mat. She took out a book and opened a page, putting it on the floor.

"These are the verses you have to recite when you are praying. So, you start by standinf on your feet" she said and helped me with posing. With every move, she helped me and explained why it was. When we went to the move where I had to put my forehead on the floor, I felt this feeling of sudden pleasure and gratefulness. I felt my eyes tear and I could only think of being connected with my Lord. After a while, I heard Manar's sudden laugh and I sat down, looking at her why she laughed.

"Did I do something wrong?" I said, feeling a little embarrassed. She shook her head.

"A lot of people pray for like, 45 years, and then suddenly enjoy sujood, or feel it. With you, it was your first time" she said, not really making sense but I shrugged it off. She then started teaching me further and it was actually quite difficult. All these things that you had to memorize and recite.

"No, Kamal. Don't worry, after a while it would go automatic. It looks a lot right now" well, I should stop talking out loud without realizing. She just smiled at me when we were done and stood up.

"Come on, I'm craving for some coffee" she said. It was almost midnight and I stood up, sitting on the couch realizing how tired I was. I didn't even bother to go home or even tell Manar. I closed my eyes, and drifted off to goodness.

"Kamal!" a voice woke me up. I immediately stood up, hurrying towards the voice with worry. When I saw her, I immediately put her in my arms, along with Karim.

"What's wrong?" I asked her and she pointed at the wall. My eyes grew wide and I couldn't believe it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~