Chapter 59

Chapter 59

"But.. How are we going to do that?" I asked, while sitting on my couch, looking him in the eyes.

"I don't know, but we'll figure something out. It will work, in the end" he said. Even though he was the one saying that we were together, it felt like he was a bit off. I didn't blame him since he did tell me that he couldn't because of some issues. But we just had this pull, this bond. It was always trying to put us together, even though we don't want to.

"Do you want some coffee?" I asked him. He shook his head, putting his forehead on my shoulder.

"What's wrong?" I asked him, wanting to know why he suddenly did that.

"I'm tired" he said softly, making my heart ache. It sounded more like he was tired of other things than to just be tired of a long day. I nudged his head with my shoulder so he would look up at me. When he did, I could see how much worn he was.

"Whatever it is, you can share it with me, I made that clear as you know" I said. He just nodded his head while playing with my hair.

"You never really forced me into telling things when you thought something was up. I like that about you. You don't push it unless its about you" he said, making me smile. We were quiet for a long time til he broke the silence.

"What did you do with the notes that he sent you?" he asked randomly. I rolled my eyes while turning forward. I didn't like him bringing that monster up.

"Why would you ask that now?" I asked him.

"Because I want you to give them to me" he said, making me raise a brow.

"Why would I need to do that?" I spat out. I didn't like thinking of the notes and giving them to him would mean that he would read them again and that would make me feel embarrassed.

"I don't want anything of him in this house. I want you to forget about these. You don't need them here babe" he said, grabbing my hand. I didn't say anything but just held his hand for a while.

"Receiving these, the threats, were the worst" I started, wanting to let out everything. I craved sharing. I had no one to share my feelings with other than him. Now that he was here, I was going to take advantage of that and empty my heart.

"Just after I gave birth to Karim, they started. Just when I had figured out my life and income, they started. I was starting a new life in a new place. It was horrible. I had a little bit of confidence and belief in myself that it just tore me apart. Knowing that he was near and could do anything he wanted was horrible" I said, feeling embarrassed with it. I hated feeling weak and vulnerable in front of other people.

"I was scared that he would hurt Karim. I was scared that he would do the same thing twice. I was scared so bad, Kamal. I couldn't move when I even thought of it" I said a bit louder, feeling my heart bleed when I talked. He wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me closer. I put my face in his chest, letting the tears flow. I couldn't stop them anymore.

"Hey" he said after a while and I looked up at him. He smiled at me while wiping away my tears.

"Its okay to cry. Its okay to show your vulnerability. It only makes you look human, Manar. You always act like crying is weakness while I told you that it is not. Cry next to me- I won't care, as long as it will make you feel alright afterwards" he told me. I felt a sudden feeling inside of me. Grateful. I wiped away my tears and smiled. I got up and extended my hand to him. He grabbed it with confusion.

"I once promised you to teach you how to pray. Come on"

~~~~~~
I love this chapter!