Chapter 73

Chapter 73

He stormed the room in and went immediately to Kalil. Kalil started smiling when he saw his brother and opened his arms, for Kamal to hug him. The scene made me happy from the inside and Karim started moving hysterically, as if he wanted to be a part of it. He hadn't seen Kamal for such a long time so I didn't know how he would react. When Kamal heard him he turned towards me and stood up, walking closer. I took a step back, as if signing for him to not to come any closer. He looked at Karim, then back at me and I knew what he wanted.

"You are nowhere coming near my son anymore" I said, putting Karim on my hips. Kamal looked away as if he was caught off guard and looked at Kalil instead.

"How did it happen?" he asked me, which was his right. I told him how the woman came in and how I didn't trust her because of the looks in her eyes. Kamal was silent the whole time and I could see him becoming a little pale. He sat down on the bed and put his head in his hands.

"When will it all stop.." he whispered, loud enough for me to hear. I wanted to make a snaky comment but I thought better of it. He didn't even deserve that much attention anymore.

"Well, my job is done here" I said, while getting my coat and bag. He looked up at me with a confused face.

"Why were you here in the first place?" he asked. It wasn't with hate, I felt like he was genuinely asking me. I shrugged my shoulders.

"He was alone, clearly his brother didn't have time for him anymore after he got married to.." I wanted to finish it but didn't. He didn't need to know how I felt. That chapter was about to close. And me talking would only make it worse. Kamal stood up.

"I was away for a few weeks" he explained. So he went on a honeymoon too? Great. Why was he even telling me? I felt a pang in my chest, thinking of the fact that he was on holiday with my freaking cousin Hafsa while I was here, praying to Allah to save me from the heartbreak.

"I don't care" I said, walking towards the door. It was easy cause I didn't have to say goodbye to Kalil. Just before I went out of the door, Kamal said words that caught my attention.

"I once told you to never think things I never said" his words brought back the flasbacks of the times he would say wise words that made me feel different and that let me see things from a different perspective. I didn't turn around, since I knew I would lose it if I looked into his blue eyes, that were now someone elses.

"As I said, I don't care. I'm not thinking things becaue you aren't worth my thoughts anymore. I wish you happiness with your marriage, though it doesn't come from the bottom of my heart. Don't know if the marriage was real, but I will send you the divorce papers" I said, closing the door after I went out. A single tear fell down but I wiped it away. I looked down at Karim, who was just looking around. I needed to be strong for him. I couldn't do anything else but be strong for him. I drove to Thea's house. I still needed to get an apartment but it was quite difficult when I also quit working. I should call my previous lawyer again. I mentally face-palmed myself. I shouldn't have trusted someone with even my job. Now I was homeless and jobless. I needed a bit time and money for my plan that I wanted to pursue so badly. Something that would change my world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

35 commentsssss.