Chapter 82

Second update today! Read ch 81 first!

~

"Hey babe" I said when I heard her answer the phone. Her soft voice made me happy immediately and I couldn't wait to see her.

"Stop calling me that" she said and I rolled my eyes, laughing slightly.

"I know you like it" I said, smirking, even though she couldn't see it. She let out a groan.

"Why did you call me, to annoy me?" she said with an angry voice but I knew she was joking.

"Nahh, what are you doing?" I said, walking towards the kitchen and opening the fridge. I grabbed the leftover food and went over to the stove.

"Nothing really. Just playing with Karim. Is there something wrong?" she asked. I put the stove on and put the food in a pan, heating it up.

"Must there be a reason? Maybe I just missed your beautiful voice?" I told her, to which she sighed.

"Kamal, stop it" she said. That hurt me a bit. I knew she wasn't fully comfortable with me yet.

"Sorry. I just wanted to ask you if you were free today" I asked her.

"Why?" she said, asking for the reason of course.

"My dad wants to meet you. He wants to see you today" I said, lying about the last part. Maybe I just wanted to see her. Hey, I can! She's my wife.

"WHAT?!" I heard Manar yell. I put the phone away from my face, frowning.

"Damn woman, stop using that voice to me its unattractive, really" I said, rubbing my ears. She was yelling at me the whole time in a fast pattern that I didn't even listen to her.

"Be ready at eight" I said to her and turned my phone off, knowing that she would annoy me.

"I am going to kick you Kamal" she said again, like for the tenth time. She was really mad at me. She had been annoying me since she first stepped into the car. I parked at the side of the way and looked at her. She was nervous and I knew I shouldn't have pushed her into this.

"Relax Manar, it will be alright" I said, taking her hand. It felt so weird to touch her after such a long time. She looked at our hands for a second before intertwining our fingers.

"What if they will say stuff? I know what they think of me. I don't need to hear it too" she said, looking out of the window. I sighed, wanting her to leave that mind.

"My father hugged me today, for the first time ever" I said, to which she turned her head immediately to me. She was looking at me with wide eyes.

"Really?! How?" she asked, putting her other hand on our hands. I tried to avoid her expression, so I just started playing with her fingers.

"We were never a real family. Never a warm home, a good laugh- nothing. Not even before my father cheated on my mum. I was brought up in a home where they had tons of money, which was the only thing they cared about" I said, letting it all out. I knew I had to tell her this all before we went there.

"I never had a good bond with anyone. No friends. No cousins. When Kalil was born, I was the only one who was happy. His mother left him like my dad. I thought that we would be the best friends, til I came to know about his condition. I was heartbroken at first, especially when they told me I could never play with him. Teach him about all the things in football" I said, thinking back of the memories of my childhood.

"Money doesn't give you happiness. Money can't get you happiness. I learned this at the age of eight. Pretty young, huh?" I said, wiping the single tear off of my face.

"Everything stopped when I met you. You became my best friend. You became the one that took me off guard. You became the one I cared the most about. Only because you always put me in my place, teaching me so much. Manar, I want to be with you. I don't wanna be apart from you and my dad can't change it. They were never there for me. They have no say in what I want to do" I said, looking out of the window into the woods.

"Have you ever felt like you were drowning but there was no one to save you? Have you ever felt like you were in it all, not having anyone to help you? Have you ever felt like you found the peace by that one person?" I said to her, finally looking her in the eyes. She had tears streaming down her face. She closed her eyes for a second before throwing her arms around my neck. I hugged her back immediately.

"We don't differ so much from each other, Kamal. I am sure we are meant to be" she said, joking slightly. I smiled, taking in her scent that I had been missing so much. After a while, she let go.

"I don't want to tell you about that night. I don't want you to know what I felt and how it happened. All I want you to know is that I have been there. Nourdin didn't only take the one thing I had, he also took my family, basically my whole entire life. So I have. I have been there" she said, trying to reason that I wasn't alone in this. I kept silent, knowing she was right. I didn't want to ask her about what that night went down. What had really happened to her.

"Last week, I had a match. I wanted to quit football but my coach called me and said that I needed to be at that match, no matter what. I went there and it turns out that a scouting group was there too, checking me out. They offered me a deal" I said, to which her eyes widened. She smiled.

"Really? Oh God, I am so happy for you! Did you accept it? Don't tell me you didn't, your dream is to become a footballer" she said, even more excited than I was.

"I accepted it. They offered me to be a football player for this team, but for that, we have to move. Are you in with me for that? We could rent a small apartment with Karim and you could study, work whatever you want. But I want you there with me, love" I said, finally letting out what I wanted to tell her. I knew, being far away would do us both good. She looked at me for a second.

"On one condition" she said. I was afraid of that. I knew she would say something like that.

"What would that be, love?" I asked her. She smiled, grabbing my hand.

"Kalil will come with us too. Don't look at me like that. I can take care of him. I know you don't want to be a burden but I insist. I don't want him to grow up in a cold hospital. He deserves as much as other children deserve" she said, to which I just grabbed her chin and pulled her closer. Our foreheads touched and her smell was driving me crazy.

"You are so amazing. I was scared to ask you that because you didn't need to" I said, looking her in the eyes. She was looking with such an emotion in my eyes that I couldn't figure out.

"I know we have a lot to do. I know we will face a lot of problems, still. But after hardship comes ease, I mean that's what the book you gave me said. We need to hold on for a few more months. I expect Hafsa to come to you and say stuff. I expect my parents to go difficult on you. Nourdin is still in the picture. Your family is not believing. But we will come over it. We will survive, together, with the help of Allah. I have such a trust in Him, that I had never had before. Thanks to you, I started learning about him. I fully trust Him and you should too" I said to her, not wanting her to forget about all the problems we were still going to face. She smiled at me.

"Have you ever been so in love with someone so amazing?" she asked me randomly. I chuckled, to which she smiled.

"I don't know, maybe I have" I said, teasing her. She slapped my chest and I let out a laugh.

"Well, you may not be smart enough to know but I am. I love this one guy, who is blond and has the most amazing blue eyes. His hair is perfect just like his soul. He is annoying sometimes but that makes him even more amazing. Okay, don't let your ego get bigger, this is the only compliment you will ever get" she said when she saw me raising my brows thanks to my ego. I looked into her eyes, almost drifting away.

"I love this one girl, who has the most amazing brown eyes I have ever seen. Who is even better on the inside, catching me off guard and putting me in my place with her annoying attitude. But I love her, since she has been there for me and for others. She is the strongest person I have met" I told her. She became shy and looked down. I grabbed her chin, letting her look at me.

"Come on, lets face our first problem" I said, putting my lips on hers.

~~~~~~~~~~
OMG ONE MORE CHAPTER LEFT I CANT