Chapter 40

Chapter 40

I made my way over to the house of Manar. After I had played with Karim last night, we decided that we were going out today. I knocked on the door and Manar opened.

"Assalamu aleykum, you ready?" I asked her. She said her salam back and nodded, while getting into the house again. She came back with Karim and a big bag, I suppose from Karim. I took Karim from her so that she wouldn't have to carry him. He is quite heavy. Also, did I really miss him.

"Hey little one, long time no see" I said that made Manar laugh. I looked over at her and she raised an eyebrow.

"You saw him yesterday" she said. I just rolled my eyes at her and walked faster to get out of her apartment. When we were out of the house, I led her to my car. She looked at it for a second before stepping in. I placed Karim in the back and put his seatbelt on. He needed a chair for in the car, that's for sure. When I tried a few tricks I finally had him tied safely and went over to the driving seat.

"What do you do for living?" Manar asked me. I swallowed. I didn't want her to know that my dad was filthy rich and that because of that I didn't work.

"My dad owns a few schools in town and I help him run them" I said. I felt her nodding and then silence went between us, which was kind of awkward.

"What is your favourite colour?" Manar asked me. I turned to her being confused.

"Why the questions, Manar?" I asked her. She turned her head towards the other side of the car and looked outside. I sighed.

"Manar" I said, keeping an eye on the road.

"I just don't know anything about you" she said, turning towards me. She looked at me with her black eyes, that were a bit teary.

"Where is this all going Kamal? I mean, we did something stupid. We married for a stupid reason and look what we are doing. Acting like this. I am married with someone I don't even know a thing of.." she snapped. To be honest, this caught me off guard and I didn't know what to say. I kept silent, thinking of what she said. She was kind of right, though I don't regret marrying her.

"Here you go" I said when I gave Manar her ice-cream. She took it without even looking at me. We hadn't talked after what she had said. I walked over to a bench with Karim on my hip. I was holding an ice-cream for him that I took bites from. Hey, a man's gotta eat ice-cream too.

"My favourite colour is black. Or red. I also like blue- I don't know" I said when we sat down on a bench. Manar kept silent, but I understood. I would too.

"You know, even though we don't know these kind of things of each other, we know each others personality. I mean, you have been happy around me. You have been sad- you even broke down so many times. I think that knowing someones favourite colour or food doesn't change anything. It doesn't make sense. I wouldn't be with you because you love the same food as I do. I would be with you because of your character.." I said, not being able to reach the end. I really wanted to ask her. I wanted to ask her if she wanted to be my wife- like my real wife. No jokes, no reasons- just a real marriage. But I knew I couldn't. I couldn't hurt her. Even though I knew that I had to stop it all, I couldn't get myself to saying the words. I didn't want her out of my life. I didn't..

~~~~~~~~~~
OMG- WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE A KAMAL FOR YOURSELF?! I DO! lol, let me know what you think!
Instagram: sssilentscreamsss
Snapchat: summmmm3