Chapter 6

I was playing with Karim in my arms. He woke up when I took him and wanted to play.

“Booo” I put my hands away from my face and he started to laugh. Then he grabbed my hands and put them on my face again.

“Oh, you want me to hide again?” I asked him and he just rambled.  I felt so weird. It was so nice to just play with him. It was like there was no care in the world anymore. I looked over at Thea and Manar and saw them whispering to each other. I mentally shook my head. I shouldn’t listen to their talk.

~

“Who is the nice boy?” Thea asked me. We were a bit away from Kamal and Karim but my eyes were still on them. He was playing with Karim and I had never seen Karim this happy before. He was laughing a lot. I smiled a bit before I turned to Thea.

“I don’t know. I met him today at the park. My cousin was trying to take Karim from me and Kamal just helped” I said to her. Her eyes widened. I know, I mean I should’ve not accept a guy in my house without knowing him, but I felt just so safe when he was here. I didn’t know, it was weird.

“Are you out of your mind?! He could be one of them!” she said and I immediately shook my head. I knew for sure that he was not one of them. If he was he would’ve done already something by now.

“No, I am sure he isn’t. He doesn’t even have a clue of what happened” I said and she just shrugged. I knew that she wanted to say more but I just walked over to Karim and Kamal. I was about to take Karim from Kamal but Kamal hold my son tighter. I raised an eyebrow and my heart immediately started to beat faster. A red light went off inside of me. He was going to take him. I was sure of that. I am such an unre-

“Can I please play a bit more with him?” he asked silently. My eyes widened and I felt like I was hit by a car. That was not what I expected. I nodded with a still shocked face but I shrugged it off. I was protective. I was very protective of my child. He is the only one I have. My only family. Family.. That made my heart hurt. I missed my parents. Even though they didn’t see me as their child anymore, I still missed them. I still care about them.

“Thank you so much” I said to Kamal and the guy who repaired my window. It was still in the middle of the night and I didn’t know what to do, since I couldn’t call anyone at night. So, Kamal offered to ask his friend to come over to repair it. I didn’t want it at first but he promised that the guy would take his wife with him. They were really nice. They were muslim too which made me relax a bit.

“I am really sorry for letting you do this in the middle of the night” I said while taking the plates with food. It was midnight okay, but it was the least I could do.

“It’s okay, really. You couldn’t stay without repairing it anyway. Who knows what could happen!” The guy said. I was really bad with names, so I already forgot his name.

“And you should thank Kamal. He fixed it all” he said. I turned a bit to Kamal and saw him looking at the floor, deep in thought. When he was realising that we were talking about him he looked up confused.

“Thank you, Kamal” I said, feeling a bit weird when I said his name. It was all so weird. I didn’t know why I felt so safe with him. I meant, come on, I didn’t even know the guy for 24 hours. He just smiled and continued eating. 

 “I will pick him up after school. Thank you Thea” I said to Thea while handing her my child. I kissed Karim’s cheek before going. I prayed quick that nothing would happen to Karim before I went to school.

After a few classes, I went over to the coffee machine. I needed coffee. I really did. I put some money in the machine. Thank Allah, the coffee was cheap at school. I always had to watch out where to spend my money. I pressed on the buttons but it didn’t work. I was always an impatient person so I punched the machine.

“I need coffee!” I half-yelled before pressing my forehead against the machine. If I needed coffee, you had to give me coffee. There was no other way.

“That won’t work, you know” I heard a voice. I turned to my side and saw Kamal. I frowned. What was he doing here?

“What are you doing here? Are you following me?! What do y-“ I couldn’t even finish.

“Woman stop!” he said and I immediately shut up. He smirked a bit.

“I am not following you. Maybe you are just following me” he said. My eyes widened. Why would I follow him?

“Shut up” I said quietly, trying to put some distance between us. I was never good with talking to guys. I didn’t like it either so I always pushed them away. Which was a good thing, I think.

“I just have an internship here. I need to help the principal” he said bored. What? I didn’t get it.

“What? How old are you?” I asked him. Not that I wanted to know. Not at all.

“I am 21. My dad wants me to take over his business, and to get some experience, he sent me to this school to help the principal. Like hell I would” he said angrily. I didn’t know why he got so angry. I couldn’t even say anything cause he started.

“I don’t want to take his stupid holding over. I want to make my own decisions” he said. I understood him. I mean, I want to become a doctor, and I wouldn’t like it if my parents wanted to take that from me. It was my life after all.

“What do you want to be then?” I asked him. He smiled a bit.

“A footballer” he said. If I said I was not shocked I would lie. I didn’t expect that. He didn’t really look like the football kinda guy.

“So you found a new fling? Who is it this time?” I heard from behind me when I was about to talk to Kamal. I turned around and saw her there. No..

_________

I won't be able to update for two weeks cause next week is my testweek. I was about to quit Wattpad, but I decided to do that after this story. I really want to continue this and end it cause I know it will be a good one.

_________

Islam is my Life :)

Yesterday when I was at school I had this discussion with my history teacher. It was about muslims and terrorism. What shocked me the most was that of all the many muslims in my class, I was the only one who ‘fought’ back at what she said. When I asked my friends why they didn’t say anything, they said that they didn’t know what to say cause they had no knowledge about the stuff. That made me feel sad, cause as muslims we have to defend ourselves when people say stuff about us which isn’t true. So I decided to do an Islam is my Life episode about it. Since there are a lot of non-muslims reading my books. And a lot of muslims who are blindly following the wrong side.
The discussion was about the ‘Je suis Charlie’ incident and ISIS. Firstly, not everyone who wears ‘Islamic’ clothes and screames “Allahu Akbar” is muslim. Secondly, killing in the name of your God, while he forbid you to kill anyone, is not the right way. We can’t force someone into a religion. If you force someone, that means that person doesn’t want to believe by themselves. That means that that person isn’t a muslim, cause it pretends that it believes. When we believe in Allah, we believe because we want to. We have to believe with our hearts, with our minds. We are not believing in Him when we don’t believe in him by heart, mind, brain etc. So that means that forcing someone into a religion won’t change anything other than hate and violence. If that person doesn’t want to believe, then respect them and let them. Its their loss or their price. We only can send messages through peace. The whole point of the ‘other people’ is just to make muslims look bad. Why are now a lot of non-muslims scared of muslims? A boy in my school didn’t want an exchange to Turkey just because he was scared of ‘terrorists’. Doesn’t that mean that people are trying to let people hate on muslims? Islam is the fastest growing religion and they are scared of that. That’s why they try to fight against it. They are scared that muslims will rule the world one day. So they try to let muslims look bad and they are trying to let muslims fight with muslims. I mean, come on. America is one of the strongest, one of the most powerful country on earth, and they can’t handle a handful of people? And why is ISIS not attacking Israel then, I mean they are good muslims right? (note the sarcasm). They would protect their own people instead of killing them. Its no different than what Hitler did, and I am pretty sure Hitler did not good.
Murdering someone means killing the whole humanity. That was said by our Prophet, peace be upon him. What makes it different from commiting suicide. When you kill yourself, you go straight to hell. Don’t you think that killing someone else would help you to go to hell too? I mean, its no difference except that you killed someone else instead of yourself. Please, the people who are believing ‘they’are doing good, open your eyes and look at it. Would our Prophet be happy, pbuh? Would he be proud of ‘them’? No, he wouldn’t. Cause he is the one who warned us about not using violence against violence. He told us to use peace against violence. Try to search about it to defend your own identity. Who is going to defend us when we can’t ourselves? We have to know what is going around in the world and who is making us name dirty. May Allah give them all the punishment they deserve.

You can have a different opinion about this, but please let that be a reasonable opinion.

Thank you!