Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Tears were streaming down my face. I punched my pillow over and over again. I tried to scream, but it was like my voice was gone. I couldn't make a sound. I could only cry, cry for what I'd done. I knew it was a bad idea. I should've been searching for my child, not getting married. How would I ever explain this to Karim? 'I got married when you were kidnapped God knows where to', no, I couldn't. Guilt started to raise in me. I shouldn't be doing this. I shouldn't have done that. I couldn't believe myself. I was so much more smarter than this. I wiped the tears away with the back of my hand but they were still coming. My eyes fell to the little paper. I grabbed it and wanted to rip it into thousands of pieces but I knew I couldn't. It was a truth now. It was true. I snapped out of my faze when I heard my phone ring. Millions of shocks went through my body, waiting just for one call that my little one was back. I picked up the phone with shaking hands, ignoring the unknown number.

"Kamal?" I said hopefully. I needed it to hear it right now. The only thing that would keep me sane would be that my son was found. But I didn't meet his soft voice that calmed me down everytime he talked to me. Instead, I heard a voice that brought me back to the disgusting, hauntful night I so want to forget. His laughter made me want to throw up and I felt really vulnerable. He knew how to get to me. He knew.

"Where is Karim?!" I yelled into the phone. I was so close at exploding. I needed my child.

"Manar, Manar, Manar. You never knew how to keep that tone of yours" he said and I felt the coffee I drunk come upwards.

"Look, I will do anything you want. Just.. Just give me my child back. Nourdin, please, I beg you" I said, letting the emotions flow along with the tears. He started laughing again that made my body shake more than ever.

"Did you really think that I put all this effort of taking what's mine just to give it back to you? Are we begging Manar?" he said the last part with a pitched voice. I closed my eyes for a second. My mind was pulling back to that night but I tried to fight it. I couldn't let it happen. I couldn't think of that night. If I did, I knew that I would never be able to see Karim again.

"Why.. why are you doing this? Nourdin you are already in a lot of trouble. Why would you do this, huh? Isn't making my life a hell not enough? What else do you want? You ruined me. You took my everything. What else do you want?!" I started. I needed those answers. He owed me them. These questions were going through my mind every time I saw a note somewhere glued with a threat towards me and my child.

"You have to pay for what you did, thats why. Don't think I forgot about how you were the cause of me getting into jail. I told you back then too, that I will take my revenge. You should've known" he said. I knew I shouldn't be doing this but I needed him to give me answers.

"But how could you hurt your own blood, Nourdin? Do whatever you want to me, but leave my child alone. You know damn too well yourself that Karim is your child. How could you do this to him? A child needs his mother, you out of all of them would know" I said, trying to make him feel something. Maybe, just maybe he would give me back my son.

"No. You will not see him again" he said after a few seconds of silence. I let out the breath I was taking. My head felt numb and I tried hard to keep my eyes open. I wiped my tears away, not that it helped.

"Just tell me.. Is he, is he okay?" I whispered. That was the most important thing; Karim's health. I needed to know if he was in good hands, knowing that they are not really 'good hands'.

"He is. Wait for my call" he said and ended the call. I kept screaming in the phone for my son but no sound was heard. I immediately dialed Kamal's number. 'Pick up, please pick up', was the only thing that my mind allowed to register.

"Yes baby?" I heard his soft voice. I ignored what he said, trying to talk. But nothing came out of my mouth but sobs.

"Baby tell me what's wrong? Where are you? Are you at home?" he started. I nodded, not realizing that he couldn't see me.

"Manar, please talk to me. What happened?" the tone of his voice was rising. I knew that he was about to get mad.

"I'm home. Please come" I said, wanting nothing but his soothing words.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Early Eid Mubarak peopleee