991-1000

Chapter 991 - Cost of Contempt

"An acquaintance?"

When everyone in the team saw Death Wind greet Shi Feng, their gazes softened slightly. Even so, they remained very cautious with him.

Currently, Shi Feng wore his Black Cloak, so they could not see his information. However, the fact that he rode a Mount showed that he was extraordinarily strong. Otherwise, he wouldn't have reached Level 40 so quickly.

They wouldn't mind a weak acquaintance. However, Shi Feng's strength was precisely the reason that they remained wary.

"Autumn, you guys know him?" a robust man asked Autumn Goose, who stood beside him.

This robust man' weathered appearance spoke of years of life's vicissitudes. A suit of silvery-gray knight's armor protected his body, and he carried a tower shield that was nearly as tall as he was. At his waist, he carried a luxurious golden knight's sword. Furthermore, he had already reached Level 40.

"Mhm. He's one of Zero Wing's Elders. He is incredibly strong. It was thanks to him that we had completed our previous quest." Autumn Goosenodded to the robust man's question. She did not try to hide anything as the man beside her was none other than the commander of the Wind God's Spear, Fallen Wind. "If we can convince Ye Feng to help us, we'll have a much higher chance of completing this quest."

Hearing Autumn Goose's words, Fallen Wind could not help but reexamine Shi Feng.

Although Autumn Goose seemed approachable on the surface, she was arrogant to the bone. In her eyes, very few people were worth Autumn Goose's recognition.

"Autumn, aren't you giving him a bit too much credit? Isn't he just some expert a large Guild nurtured? How strong could he possibly be? If we take him with us, he'll probably only hold us back," a frosty youth in brown leather armor said dismissively.

Aside from Wind God's Spear's brilliant battle records in the multiple confrontations they have had with several large Guilds, their several new experts were already many times stronger than first-rate Guilds' pampered experts. As for the members here today, they were the crème de la crème of the Wind God's Spear.

Every Wind God's Spear member here was a top-class expert with a list of illustriousachievements. How could someone like Shi Feng possibly compare to them?

To further his point, the youth had never seen Shi Feng's name on God's Domain's Experts List.

Disregarding the cold youth's words, Autumn Goose looked directly at Fallen Wind and said, "Commander, I believe that Big Brother Death Wind will also support my point."

At Autumn Goose's strong recommendation of Shi Feng, Thoughtful Rain's beautiful eyes sparkled with anticipation. Although she did not understand why, whenever she was with Shi Feng, she felt indescribably safe. She didn't even feel like this when she traveled with someone as powerful as Fallen Wind.

"This is interesting." Fallen Wind could not help but watch the cloaked Shi Feng, curiosity flashing in his eyes.

Naturally, there was no need to mention Shi Feng's level. However, the Swordsman's combat standards were unknown. Generally, one could judge a person's strength based on the aura they radiated. The stronger a person was, the stronger their aura was. Such a phenomenon was due to the confidence they gained from experiencing countless battles.