12

Art: @sugarcookieQwQ

I've discovered that I am bad at writing Angst

_______________________

"So, are you a Dove?" Y/n's ears perked up at the question, the teen had been staring into the mug Puffy had given them full of Hot chocolate and marshmallows. Jack had wandered off soon after Puffy called them inside her house, now everyone was piled in the sheep-women's house. Tubbo and Ranboo were piled in front of the fireplace, talking about something while the remainder of the house was sitting around them. Foolish had been the one to speak. Y/n didn't exactly understand what he was asking, simply raising a brow.

"Like, What kind of bird are you a mix of?" Charlie asks, the slime-hybrid sitting criss cross in the floor with a book.

"I've already asked, They don't know." Tommy speaks up, shaking his head. The mug was clenched tightly in his hands, if he held it any tighter it'd break. Puffy was off in her kitchen, her communicator clutched in her hand while she stirred her drink with her other. She looked tired. Charlie and Foolish glance at each other, before Puffy's son hurries to his feet, rushing towards a bookshelf in the room. Ranboo and Tubbo had snapped from their little world as Foolish got up, everyone watching as the totem-hybrid skims the shelf before a grin settles on his face, pulling a dark blue covered book from the collection, showing it off to Y/n.

"B-bird Watching Guide?" The h/c teen stutters, running a hand over the picture of a bluejay etched into the leather-cover. Charlie laughs at their disbelief, snatching the book from them and flipping it open.

"I Was hoping we could use it to figure out what kind of wings you've got." Foolish explains. Tubbo lets out a gasp, excitement filling his eyes.

"That's a great Idea!" The brunette exclaims, crawling over to Charlies side as the slime-hybrid flips through the pages. Y/n leans over to glance at the pages from over Charlie's shoulder.

"Okay...White birds..." Charlie trails off, skimming the words quickly and sending Y/n a glance every now and then, most likely comparing the teen's wings to whatever he was seeing in the book.

"What about a Swan? That seems accurate." Ranboo says, having shuffled over to Charlie's other side.

"A swan?" Y/n questions, tilting their head to the side.

"Yeah." Ranboo says, yanking the book away from Charlie and passing it back to Y/n so they could look at the bird in the picture. "You have the big wings, that's obvious, but you kind of remind me of them too." Ranboo continues "You're really friendly and enthusiastic. And I've noticed you have a way to bring out the best in people." The tribrid finishes with a nervous grin. The white side of his face tinted pink. Y/n lets a large grin fall on their face at the complement.

"Awe, Ranboo I didn't realize you were so observant!" Tubbo exclaims, patting the bi-colored boys back with a laugh. "I really want to know what you think of me now."

"Well, I for one agree with Ranboo." Foolish says, leaning against the side of the sofa that Tommy was sitting on. "Even though I just met you today." he trails off causing laughter to echo the room.

"I don't know...I guess the Swan is pretty accurate..." Y/n trails off, staring down at the picture of the bird with a small smile. The animal's wings looked pretty similar to their own. Y/n crane's their wings around their front to look at them, tapping their chin with a finger. "It's a pretty bird, I've never seen one before." Y/n continued, shaking their head.

"You've never done anything before huh?" Charlie jokes, Foolish sending him a glare while Tubbo bonks the back of his head. Charlie lets out a small yelp, rubbing the back of his head.