13

Hello!

I would have written something sooner but I was on a trip and the wi-fi there sucked. I wrote this as soon as I got home because of the delay.

_________

Sam walked through the SMP, his steps sluggish after his log day observing the prison. The prison had its own type of security system but Sam felt it necessary to check on the place every so often with how tricky and intelligent the prisoner can be. Dream is smart, Dream is very smart, that's why he's so dangerous. Sure, no one is on his side now, but the masked-man has ways to manipulate persons to his side and he also has a favor due from Technoblade. Sam could take Techno, maybe not kill the piglin-Hybrid but he could definitely fight him off if it came down to it. But Techno and Phil along with a bunch of Withers, yeah no. Though, Sam doubts Techno likes Dream enough to break him out of prison. Favor or not. Sam lets out a sigh, his mind wandering as he recalls what Dream had ranted about this time. The masked-man makes it a habit to talk about everything he's done, everything he thinks and how proud of himself he is when he knows Sam is around, almost bragging about it like traumatizing children is some kind of great achievement. Sam pauses, the sound of a branch breaking reaching his ears. The creeper-hybrid glances around the area, he had stopped in between what was left of L'manburgs walls and the Hotel.

"Somebody there? Niki? Jack? Hannah?" Sam calls out, spinning on his heel. The area was silent and Sam had gotten a message from Puffy that she had taken Tommy and Y/n to Snowchester and that they planned to spend the night, so Sam didn't suspect any of them or Snowchesters other residents. The only people still dwelling in the SMP near L'manburg were Niki, Jack, Hannah, Calihan, Quackity, Eret, Alyssa, and the eggpire. But most of those people would have announced themselves. Sam raises a brow, a squirrel emerging from the bushes behind him with a few different tree nuts in it's claws. Sam lets out a low chuckle at the sigh, he'd gotten spooked by a fluffy squirrel. The animal caught sight of him, dropping what looked to be a walnut before sprinting across the prime path and back into the greenery.

"Hello Sam."

The creeper-hybrid spun around, only for the butt end of a crossbow to strike him in the face, knocking the hybrid back. Sam glances up, locking eyes with a familiar Cat-Hybrid, the crossbow now aimed between Sam's eyes.

"Ant? What the hell?!" Sam growls, narrowing his eyes at the red tint to the hybrid's fur.

"Language!" Sam turns his head slightly, Punz on his otherside with a netherite sword clenched in his hand, Bad standing behind him, unarmed but with an axe at his side. "You know I don't like cursing Sam."

"What are you doing?" Sam questions, pulling his mask off his face and rubbing his now bloody nose that had been bashed with the wooden crossbow.

"Sam, The egg believes you have something that would be...pernicious to our mission." Sam raised a brow, watching the three cultists in unease as Punz raised his sword, pointing it at Sam's side.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Sam admits, though Bad doesn't look so convinced, the demon nodding his head at Punz who quickly bashes Sam in the side with the blunt edge of the sword, knocking the wind out of the hybrid, knocking him to the ground harshly. Sam lets out a huff, rolling onto his stomach whilst clutching his side, that was gonna bruise. The creeper hybrid glares at the three, Punz pointing his sword in Sam's face with no emotion.

"Sam Sam Sam..." Bad trails off. "You can't lie to us. The egg knows everything." Sam narrows his eyes, not moving as Bad paces around him. "If you tell us where they are...The egg might just spare you." Sam rolls his eyes, the action causing the Demon's grin to fall into a frown. Bad grabs Sam's face, forcing the hybrid to lock eyes with him, a snarl falling on the demon's lips.