30

HELLO!

I've been gone for some time huh?

I graduated recently, and I was focusing most of my time on school, but Now I'm Free! FREEDOM!!

Also, I feel the need to mention this as I'm still getting comments about it- What the characters are doing in this story (with wings) Is called Preening, and It's completely wholesome and fine. The inside of the wings is the bad part, and they aren't messing with that. it's the back part, outside.

_____________________

"You've got to be Joking." Sky mutters, tossing the compass in his hands a few times before letting out a scoff. "The things Broken." The man finishes, holding out the object for Wilbur to look at. Sure enough, The pin's on the compass were spinning rapidly, the shimmer effect that connects a Lodestone to a compass was fading away, meaning Niki, or someone else had broken the lodestone leading to her city. Wilbur narrows his eyes, struggling to catch the item as Sky throws it his way.

"It's not broken," Wilbur argues, spinning the pins a few times as they slow to a stop. "The lodestone broke, It's following whoever has it now." Wilbur grins as the compass focuses back on space ahead. "If they destroy the stone, Then It'd just lead us back to spawn" Sky Scoffs loudly, shaking his head.

"When I lived in the overworld, we didn't have fancy shit like that." The man seems the glares ahead, pausing as Wilbur fiddles with the metal item. Wilbur chuckles lightly.

"Okay." The brunette starts, a mischievous smirk growing on his face. "Boomer." Sky glares at the younger man from over his shoulder, simply letting out a sigh as Wilbur starts laughing.

"Whatever," Sky says, looking ahead at the forest that had just started to clear, the sun setting over the horizon. The man shuffles on his feet, allowing the taller brunette to walk ahead as he was now in possession of the compass. "You think this Niki person will be happy to see you?" Wilbur pauses, the compass clenched tightly in his hands.

"I'm not planning on letting anyone see me." Wilbur says, lifting an arm to wipe away the tears that had started to form in his eyes. "Especially L'manburg, After what I did." Sky lets out a whistle, stepping over and placing a hand on the younger man's shoulder.

"I hate to ask....I mean, I know this place is a shit show but, What exactly did you do?" Sky starts, waiting a moment before speaking again as silence fills the air. "You seem like a nice kid- Are you a kid?"

"I'm 24." Wilbur says, chuckling dryly. "and...I blew up a country." The brunette continues, moving forwards much slower than before. "Because I couldn't handle losing."

Sky lets out somekind of strained sigh.

"Damn. I wouldn't have guessed 'sweater weather' was a terrorist." Wilbur blinks, raising a brow in confusion. Clearly, Sky wasn't the best with emotions.

"Excuse me?"

"Uh- Cause you got that sweater, and...uhm..." Sky trails off, shoving his hands in his pockets before glancing towards the treeline. Wilbur goes to speak again when a bright purple blur shoots from the trees crashing into him and sending him falling. Sky somehow catches the compass as it leaves Wilbur's hands, imprinting the fact that this guy was skilled in Wilbur's minds. Sky whistles again, laughing slightly. The blob of purple that had tackled Wilbur shoots up quickly, eyes wide, looking terrified.

"Grayson?" Wilbur starts, the boy turns his gaze to Wilbur, confusion swirling in the blonde's purple eyes.

"W-Wilbur?" Before either can continue with the reunion, Sky's posture changes, the man moving to stand in front of the two younger persons, knocking his sunglasses back over his dark eyes with a glare.