Chapter 296 House of Weavers, Good and Bad News

The Crimson Mask, who in the south didn't hear of this name? It might not be extremely famous or even worthy of the strongest forces, but for most practitioners, small factions, key parties, and a certain family from Easthaven. It is no different from the menacing devil who ruined one of the most important events across the south.

In fact, there were wanted posters littered about a few areas with sizeable rewards being offered by the Cui Family, seeking to capture him dead or alive.

Gulp! The two merchants swallowed their spits as their foreheads started to run with sweat; they knew full well that such a dangerous character wouldn't have an easy time in the south, even more so when he can boldly proclaim his name as if he didn't care about getting recognized.

"That... do we.... do we still try to seek the strength of someone like this?" The skinny merchant with a sharp beard whispered to the fat merchant.

The fat merchant thought for a moment before he gazed out of the carriage window at Feng Yu and whisperingly replied, "Though he's already made friends with those of the enclave. It wouldn't do them any good to reject our offer, especially since it would seem that the rumor was true. For even the Burning Totem Palace of the Black Dunes to show up here in such a hostile manner shows that things won't end quite easily. Any smart man would know which choice to make..."

When the fat merchant spoke those words, his eyes flashed as he recalled the previous group that showed hostility to Tao Shen's party.

The skinny merchant nodded in agreement when he heard about the Burning Totem Palace's members, but as he thought for a bit, he showed a pensive look as he asked, "Huh, wait, you said that those rumors were true, then do you mean that..."

The fat merchant smiled as he replied, cutting off his words, "Correct, it would appear that the Enclave's Master had truly gone missing."

The skinny merchant had to flash eyes as he spoke, "Interesting, then if it's true, it would be favorable for us, and a lot of parties. I can see why those of the Burning Totem Palace would show up here. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if that bunch from Bandit Town shows up; they have just as much hatred with the enclave as those other Black Dune felons. Huhu... with this much seething chaos, these fellows can't reject our proposal, especially if we use the identity of that Crimson Mask as leverage."

'The Black Dunes...' The fat merchant thought as he recalled quite a few strange hearsays, he was about to say something else, but suddenly, the carriage halted as Tao Shen's voice sounded from the outside.

"Fellow guest, we have arrived at the main house. Please disembark; I shall guide you to the place you shall stay until the date of the exchange."

The two merchants looked at each other before nodding as they hurried out of the carriage; Tao Shen looked at his men and gave them a signal; the men promptly started to unload a few items from the carriage.

After doing this, Tao Shen looked at Feng Yu and spoke, "Again, I apologize for the wait; my companion here shall take you to the resting quarters, we should be finished with our matters by late afternoon."

Feng Yu looked at Tao Shen and spoke in a calm tone, "No problem, take your time, we aren't really in that much of rush; my team and I could use the rest."

Tao Shen laughed and replied, "Great, thanks for your understanding."

As he said this, he looked at one of his comrades that had his face covered in wrappings as he spoke, "Hey Bai Li, do me this favor and guide them to the resting quarters for special guests."

Bai Li bowed and replied, "As Leader Tao commands."

Following this, Tao Shen then led the two merchants towards a different area of the House of Weavers. Bai Li then looked at Feng Yu's party and gestured for them to follow him as he spoke while turning and leaving, "Come with me."