Chapter 46 - The Ascending Dragon Platform

The crowd looked on in silence as the Sky Splitting Sword School elder announced the commencement of the talent selections. All influential groups and hidden forces paid close attention to the central platform to not miss any vital changes. The elder seeing everyone listening then continued with his speech.

"Most of you are probably tempted to ask why we have decided to hold a Talent Selection here in such a remote place and not at the usual major cities. The answer fellow practitioners and citizens alike is a rather simple one, recently we have received a prophecy, a prophecy regarding the talents within our kingdom," As the elder finished his words, he couldn't but look around at the reactions of the audience.

"Prophecy? You mean to say that the strange rumor of the kingdom is true!" An individual from the audience shouted in surprise.

"How can a prophecy told by an outsider be capable of affecting the affairs of the kingdom?" Another individual said in a questioning tone.

Not bothering to answer the upheaval of the audience, the elder once more continued to speak, "It was foretold that on this eve chosen's will be born, each of them being highly gifted talents that can pave the way for the new generation. However, for these chosen to truly be identified another prophecy must be fulfilled."

The audience hearing this became quiet once more as looks of curiosity arose in a vast majority. Seeing their response, the elder was about to continue his speech but was soon interrupted by the beautiful woman who was also standing within their group.

She looked towards the audience and spoke with a tone could easily entrap one's mind, "It is the rising of a legacy that once thrived in the east, a method of the past used to judge chosen beings. The ancient way of the Ascending Dragon Platform..."

Her voice trailed through the wind quickly reaching the ears of all members of the audience.

"Ascending Dragon Platform?" Someone asked confusedly.

"Why have I never heard of this kind of thing before?" Another individual asked.

The influences belonging to the Bright Flame Kingdom, the Southern Wasteland, Golden Dragon Empire and other classes, each had a look of excitement on their faces as they heard the name of the trial.

Feng Yu who was puzzled about the trial looked towards his father and uncle with a questioning gaze.

A look of interest could be seen on Feng Junling's face, he muttered to himself, "So that's how it is! It all makes sense now..."

Feng Yunlong noticing Feng Yu's puzzlement spoke with a hint of excitement in his voice, "Yu'er, it seems that this is the reason why this prophet was able to determine Machen Town as the place where the mystic realm would appear. The Ancient Battle Platform, or rather what used to be called the Ancient Dragon Battle Arena was the place that was used in the past by many to test the talents of practitioners whom battle upon it. It is said that if talents are deemed worthy by the Ascending Dragon Platform. It will directly give that person a token of acceptance to enter the realm of the Ancient Dragon Battlefield itself."

Hearing this Feng Yu felt enlightened, he asked, "No wonder, but if it's like this doesn't that mean that this so-called platform is in Machen Town."

"Yes, but the question where?" Feng Junling replied as he looked towards the woman on the platform with interest.

Not paying attention to the clamoring of the people, the woman on the platform showed a mysterious smile as she snapped her fingers.

Snap! The sound of her fingers snapping resounding throughout the entire square filling the minds of everyone, but before they could react, there was a sudden change.

Rumble! Very soon, the entire square began to change as the whole Machen Town started to shake violently, the platform that stood within the center of the square had also started to visibly improve as a bright blinding light erupted from it covering the entirety of the square.

Phew! As this occurred, the entire square within the center of Machen Town expanded to about twofold of its previous size pushing the original central platform away by a few hundred of meters as a new platform arose from the ground. The square became more circular as all the practitioners and individuals were arranged around the new central platform similar to the audience's section commonly seen in a colosseum.

The new platform rose to the very limits of the sky itself seeming as if it was trying to reach the heavens, as a stairway soon appeared connecting the earth to the very apex of the sky. If one inspected these stairs, they would see strange runic markings that were engraved on their surface giving off a strange and mysterious light.

There were sculptures of dragons that seemed lifelike as they acted as railings to the stairway of the heavens, wounding around its edges as they also rose to the limits of the sky.

The woman seeing this smiled as she spoke once more, "The Ascending Dragon Platform has now risen, those seeking to challenge their destinies and prove themselves worthy may walk to its limits. If you reach the sky, you will be selected to continue the battle for the title of chosen,"

Upon finishing her words, she looked around once more before declaring, "Now then, let the Ascension Phase commence!"

As she once again finished her words, the blinding lights illuminating the square quickly receded as it revealed the foot of the stairway where the central platform once stood. The people seeing couldn't help but feel shocked.

"What on earth is this?!" An individual exclaimed in surprise...............

******

Want to read the Full Chapter? Visit any of the sites below:

Read on My Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/ShadowsFinger

Read on my Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F7BVPSD