Chapter 324 Master Duan's Words, Two's Feelings

The Oasis now had a tranquil air, a stark difference compared to the earlier chaos of the Grand Exchange. Many natives came out to drink and idle as they spoke about the events as if they were personally there to see it.

Some spoke about the battle between the famous Blood Tread Liao, who exposed his True Soul realm strength; others about Dark Weaver Hai and his victory over the famous Zan Jin of a peculiar ancient tribe.

No matter where one traveled at this hour, they would hear more stories and perspectives of the different battles fought, leading up to the climax with the legendary He Wuhan herself, ending with a grand finale.

It all sounded like an epic tale from a storybook. Yet, regardless of all spoken words, if there was one thing most stated by those who narrated their perspectives. The overwhelming display would be made by the newly rising and now famed Crimson Devil and his powerful allies, the Masked Rogues.

A gentle wind blew across the night-lit streets, brushing a few grains of sand towards the direction of the Weavers House. Here, behind these walls, were those belonging to the allied forces.

While Master Duan, Pill Queen Wan Ru, and the Fox Lion Commerce's Bai Zan were not around, but regardless, the Ying Yang Supreme Prodigy Qiu Yu was still present. Naturally, Feng Yu and the others were at rest, easing their minds from the day's battle.

"Sir Crimson Ma... no, Crimson Devil, I must say, your strength has been quite the shocker; what kind of skill did you use in that last battle?" Qiu Yu asked as he sat nearby Feng Yu with a bottle of fragrant wine.

Feng Yu, who now wore wrappings over his face, looked at him and replied, "It was only a brief skill from an old artifact; I even had to pay quite the price to wield it."

"Is that so...?" Qiu Yu said, not entirely buying Feng Yu's words.

Feng Yu smiled as he stared off into the starry sky filled with bright stars as he answered, "Indeed so."

Even if they were on friendly terms, Feng Yu wouldn't openly explain his abilities to anyone, and certainly not a future rival who would challenge him at the Dragon Talent's Meet.

"Haha... then I suppose fellow practitioner Crimson Mask will only explain it during that event," Qiu Yu said as he took another sip of the wine, his eyes though closed, giving off a tinge of sharpness as if he was a blade ready to be drawn.

Feng Yu didn't mind the vague challenge; he answered with confidence, "Maybe, but I doubt my little skill will be any threat to someone of the likes of you, Supreme Prodigies."

Qiu Yu said nothing; he continued to gulp down his drink as both remained silent in the fields, seated on their chair as they took in the fresh night air that brushed about the area.

Not long after, a few footsteps sounded as both Master Duan and Pill Queen Wan Ru had arrived from one area; they seemed as if they were already leaving, having had a private meeting with Hu Wuhan.

"Qiu, come, our mission here is complete; we shall be heading back to the temple tonight," Master Duan said as he looked at Qiu Yu, who replied with a bow, "Yes, master."

Master Duan then gave Feng Yu a look as before he greeted with cupped hands, "Greetings, Crimson Mask, I've heard rumors in our lands, and now that I've seen it for myself, I must say that it's an honor to meet a rising talent such as you. I thought we'd have it tough as neither Wan Ru nor I had brought enough hands, but your group provided the timely needed aid."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Master Duan; as for the aid from myself and my comrades, it was nothing worthy of praise; we only did what we needed to at that time," Feng Yu said with a similar gesture.