Chapter 42 - The Auction's Finale!

Read on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/ShadowsFinger

Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C7912KX

****

Inside of the Mystery Pavilion, within the Auction Room.

The auction was beginning to grow further intense as more and more top-class influences were starting to take part in the bidding war for the various items being auctioned. Currently, there was a pair of ancient-looking shoes that had golden feather wings attached to its edges. It gave off a noble aura as if it was above the standard of rare graded treasures while it floated silently above the exhibition platform.

The auctioneer WhiteMask looked at the audience as he spoke of this unique pair of shoes, "Guests and Honoured Guests, our 30th item for auction today was created by a Grandmaster Level craftsman from craftsman empire 'Margerum.' It is an artifact that can gift its user the ability of primary flight but only for a short period. While it is not comparable to actual flying, it could still prove to be useful for anyone below the realm of great True Soul realm experts!" As he said this, he waved his hand, and a series of recorded images began to display in front of the audience of the item being used by an individual.

The audience seeing these images were surprised some of them started to make a commotion.

"I must have this item at all costs!" An individual from the bottom layer said as he looked at the shoes with greed.

"If I have his Treasured Artefact, it should be able to increase my chances of exploring the upcoming mystic realm," Ji Weng said as he looked at this artifact with fire in his eyes.

Seeing the look in Ji Weng's eyes, Xuan Bei frowned as he looked towards Mistress Xuan, upon seeing his look Mistress Xuan sighed as she nodded her head giving him the go ahead.

"Hmm, this items grade must at least be that of upper-rank earth tier for it to be capable of utilizing the fragments of the natural laws that govern flight," An expert from the fifth layer said in slight admiration as he looked at the floating shoes.

"Great! Introductions are now over, the starting price for this item is five hundred and fifty thousand low-grade essence stones!" WhiteMask said as the competitors immediately began to bid once more with even more outrageous prices.

"The Molten Axe Sect offers six hundred thousand low-grade essence stones!" An influential individual from the sect said.

"I Ji Weng offers six hundred and fifty thousand low-grade essence stones!" Ji Weng said as he raised his auction plate.

"I Xuan Bei offers seven hundred and fifty thousand low-grade essence stones!" Xuan Bei said.

The crowd who were observing the proceedings started to chatter as they heard these two characters competed.

"The Western Genius versus the Eastern Prince, hmm, this should make for quite an entertaining bout," A man seated on the second layer said.

Tang Wu and Xin Qing looked at the two in surprise, but soon they came to realize why they were bidding for the item. Tang Wu looked at the pair of floating shoes and shook his head while saying, "It's pointless to waste money for such an artifact, after all, even if one could fly for a short time inside of the mystic realm who's to say there won't be unexpected dangers in flight."

Xin Qing who share a similar idea also observed the two betting with a look of mock on her face as she thought inwardly, "Hmph! Such big dummies! I wonder what they do if they found that getting such item only increases the risks they face?"