Chapter 244 - The Twenty Kilometer Zone!

Want to support? Visit any of the sites below to read the full series:

Read on My Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/ShadowsFinger

Read on my Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F7BVPSD

*****

Jin Chin felt pressured, as the terrifying currents of winds that screeched about at these heights threatened to hurl her into the sky. Yet, with each step taken on the quaking chains, her feet would form a few ripples of watery energies that stabilized its disorder. Strangely, her figure seemed as if it were no different from that of a raindrop, distorting her form as she ascended upwards.

A reasonable distance from her was a few First Tier Aura Disciple practitioners belonging to various influences, the others formed of mostly rogues.

Jin Chin wiped the sweat from her forehead while thinking, "So harsh, this challenge is far more than I'd expected. If it weren't for my Rippling Rain Steps, I'd have never been able to traverse these chains so smoothly. Well, at least I'm better off compared to them."

She thought while glancing at the haggard faces of the individuals behind her, some of them filled with peril as they took each step lightly and carefully. There were a few amongst them who had a sad expression on their faces, a visible sign that they've lost a few companions, but that didn't hinder them from pushing onward.

After shaking her head, Jin Chin's eyes shone in a determined light as she spoke out loud, "It doesn't matter, as an aspiring inner disciple, this much shouldn't stop me. I want to catch up to not only Senior Brother Cheng, but Senior Sister Ning."

As Jin Chin spoke, she slightly increased her pace, shifting her body from side to side using the tip of her feet to push off the chain. Currently, she was only moments away from rising into the 10-kilometer mark, but it was at this time she heard a commotion from behind.

"Eh? Who's that?!" A practitioner exclaimed as he pointed his finger.

Soon after his words along with a few others, a cluster of blazing flames had appeared below them, within it was an indistinct figure who seemed to be walking at a leisure pace. Still, what remained odd, was that with each step taken by the silhouette, the flames that surrounded it would increase in density, somehow aiding his already terrifying speed.

Everyone was alarmed, but before they could show any signs of further reactions, the individual had already swept past them, arriving in the vicinity of Jin Chin before flickering away. The only thing left to prove his existence was the series of flaming footprints on the chains beneath their feet.

Jin Chin was bewildered; her eyes barely managed to glimpse the features of the familiar form, which caused her to become filled with even more shock.

"T-that! Isn't that Mr. Yu? How could he be so quick?" Jin Chin exclaimed once more. She wanted to clarify her words, but Feng Yu had long since vanished.

Jin Chin paused her steps falling into a daze, but soon, the pressures from the devastating winds had stirred her back to her senses.

"I shouldn't waste time pondering here," She muttered while shaking her head promptly after moving upward, traversing the chains with her Rippling Rain Steps.

As Feng Yu surpassed Jin Chin, he had continued to ascend eventually arriving in the 11-Kilometer regions. At this time, all seemed to be going as planned, but there was soon a change.

Buzz! Following a strange sound, the space around him began to change slightly, as the winds that rustled the chain grew even more intense. Soon, a bright cluster of lights shone before him.