Chapter 10 - A Narrow Escape

Read chapters ahead on my website: https://www.shadowsnet.com

Read on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C7912KX

*****

Within the forestry of the mountain range, there was a grand faceoff between Feng Yu and the four silver-furred apes. They stood off on an open field that was surrounded by countless tall ancient trees.

A gust swept across their battlefield kicking up clusters of petals which continued to flow amongst the distant trees at the edges of the field. Rays of sunlight beamed down through the spaces between the tree leaves, bathing all the forms locked into to the standoff.

The glossy silver fur on the bodies of the elder apes flowed with the wind making them look like divine entities sent from the heavens. Standing at the center was a man with bright red hair dancing about softly in the wind. Observing this scene from a distance, it seemed as if it was the final battle between the divine entities of heaven and the Red-Haired Demon King.

The atmosphere soon became sharp, as the Silver Furred Apes grew more severe upon seeing a sword appearing in Feng Yu's hand. They could all feel the great threat of the sword itself. They reached for objects in the surroundings each of them choosing one to use as a weapon.

Seeing them arm themselves for battle Feng Yu felt that this was not going to be as easy as he imagined.

He then repositioned himself for battle, not by his previous combat stance, but instead assuming basic combat form with both his arms holding the sword over his head while crouching down with one foot in front and the other facing outward.

"I've never used a sword before in my previous life, but at least I have an idea towards its basic combat form. I'll have to get a sword scroll whenever I get the chance in the future." Feng Yu muttered while observing the Silver Furred Apes.

Swish! One of the Silver Furred Apes in front of Feng Yu moved, creating a remnant shade in its previous location. It quickly arrived at Feng Yu's front brandishing the large bat shaped boulder towards his skull.

Wooosshh! The pressure from the force of the strike caused the space in front of Feng Yu to grow disorganized. However, he did not move. Carefully inspecting with his Soulforce once again he found the perfect spot for an attack.

Flash! With a sway of his body, Feng Yu used the <Lightning Flash Steps> transforming into a streak of lightning swiftly appearing to the side of the silver-furred ape. His hands still grasping the sword then slashed out violently towards the Silver Furred Ape's unguarded hand.

Shiiinnngg!

The sword cry resounded throughout the silent space. The Silver Furred Ape, noticing that his opponent had vanished, felt an ominous omen. It tried to move its hand in time, but it was too late.

Puichi! The sound of meat getting sliced resounded throughout the field. The sword in Feng Yu's hands was plunged deep into the fleshy hand of the Silver Furred Ape. Sadly, it was stopped at the bone unable to advance further.

"Sigh, 'One must learn to walk before they try to run.' Although the sword I have is quite a powerful one, I can't utilize its power effectively. Therefore, I'll have to get a Sword Technique as soon as possible," Seeing the result of his assault, Feng Yu was slightly disappointed.

The boulder that was in the Silver Furred Ape's hand fell towards the ground as it began to howl while holding its injured hand mournfully, "Hooouuuu!"

Seeing an excellent chance to escape Feng Yu implemented his <Lightning Flash Steps> instantly moving 15 meters away.

Hou! Hou! Hou!