Chapter 32 - Unusual Characters, Aunty Xingyu's Troubles

Read on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/ShadowsFinger

Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C7912KX

****

The day was at its peak, but due to the snowy weather, it couldn't thrive in its usual manner, as the droplets of snow fell upon the lively city. The final days of the selection were closing in, and the atmosphere in Machen Town was vaguely undergoing invisible changes, as many new powerful and mysterious faces slowly began to seep into this average and ordinary place. The once humble and straightforward town became a dwelling place for sleeping dragons and crouching tigers.

However, despite this change, the citizens of Machen Town continued to enjoy the seemingly merry and joyful mood. As recently, even the battle arenas that had only a limited amount of people began to swarm with unusual and mysterious characters.

******

At the center of Machen Town, stood a vast mansion. It was about two times to size of the second most significant mansion in the entirety of Machen Town belonging to the Feng Clan. Hung atop the gates of this mansion was an iconic symbol representing a high prestige, this place was the Town Lord Mansion.

Standing in front of its gates were town guards wearing standard town armor, and both gave off a cultivation level like that of a 9 Tier Body Training realm practitioner.

Inside of the Town Lord Mansion, within a decorated and luxurious room.

Seated around a pristine glass table, were a few individuals. Starting from the opposite side was a middle-aged man who had a mature lady seated quietly by his side, while on the opposing side of the table, was a voluminous looking young woman and an arrogant looking young man.

The middle-man and mature woman were currently doing their best to offer their most hospitable service to these two individuals.

"Madam Xuan, Young Master Bei, this lord feels honored to have been given a chance to cater for such prominent individuals from the capital city," The middle-aged man said as he bowed slightly.

Seeing this the arrogant looking man nodded and replied, "Of course, usually we would not even place such an insignificant place in the eyes of my Bright Flame Kingdom. You should be honored. Now then, about that matter my father inquired about, have you gathered the necessary information?"

Hearing his words, a solemn look appeared in the eyes of the middle-aged man. He then looked towards the mature woman by his side and nodded. Seeing his gesture, she promptly took out a piece of jade slip and passed it over to the arrogant young man.

After taking the jade slip, the arrogant young man quickly scanned the information concealed within it, "Oho! Interesting..." He said as he tapped his fingers on the table curiously.

Hearing the words of the individual beside her Madam Xuan couldn't help but gain an interest, she looked towards him and said in an unsatisfied manner.

"Bei child, aren't you going to share the information with me?"

"Humph! We're leaving," Not bothering to reply to her, the arrogant young man quickly got himself up and made his way towards the entrance of the mansion.

Seeing this, Madam Xuan could only shake her head and follow him as she said dismissively to the two people behind her, "You've done well gathering what we asked for, as such compensation will be sent to your abode within three weeks' time. Now then, I will be excusing myself."

Witnessing the scene before them the Town Lord and his wife could only grit their teeth silently as they complained under their breaths.

"Sigh, this is the third one that has visited our mansion this passing month, and each of these influences has asked about the same kind of information. Darling, it looks like this Talent Selection won't be a simple one," The middle-aged man said with a weary look on his face.