Chapter 200 The World in Shock! A Dragon's Heart?

"Hey guys, this will be the last chapter revealed for the Book 5 Teaser, if you would like to read more, you can purchase the full book on Amazon for as little $3.99 or you can read it as well as my stories on Patreon for one price."  --Shadows

Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0823C4HNZ

Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/ShadowsFinger

****

The continent was mostly quiet and peaceful at many places during these hours. The night was in full bloom as even in the dim isolated wildlands, including the colorful and lively towns and cities, the brilliance of cosmic wonders never ceased to ease the moods of those below its influence. It filled one sight with an array of brilliant but strange stars as well as few unknown peculiarities.

Currently, within a distant remote forest, seated on top of an enormous boulder was a handsome but sinister-looking young man, who wore dark robes and shouldered a large blade on his back. His eyes were shining like stars as he stared towards the most dazzling star in the cosmos, while in thought, "Eternity... eternity. Soon, you are fated to be mine! As the one connected to me by 'Karmic Destiny' will fall into my hands."

As he thought to here, his lips curved into a smile as he spoke, "All fates rest in the stars, and all stars are forever as I see it. No one will hinder I, Xiang Fang's true destiny."

Xiang Fang was currently feeling elated as he thought everything to be in the palms of his hands, but the moment he finished his words, a frown soon came upon his face as shifted his gaze towards far off location.

"Strange? I feel a great power. A power that even I can't divine. This shouldn't be possible; whose power is this?" Xiang Fang said in a confused tone of voice, his eyes flashing while staring at the distance.

After a bit of time, he shook his head and rose to his feet, staring at the distant starry sky for a moment before he turned around once more set forth on his journey.

"These issues of no concern, it's time to head to the west, there is something there that I will need before the time for our destinies collide. Fated one, I hope you will at least give me a challenge at that time..." He said as his voice trailed off into the wind, and his figure vanished into his surroundings.

∞∞∞

Within the Golden Dragon Empire, in a majestic and dominate looking palace, a silhouette sat behind a screen. Currently, Zang Xu was standing before this figure with a firm look in his eyes as he calmly awaited his words. A few officials and other major characters of the palace stood silently on the sides while looking on with varying expressions on their faces.

After a short while, the silence ended as a deep, authoritative voice came from behind the screen, "Are you sure about your decision?"

Zang Xu, hearing this, promptly replied, "Yes, I do not wish to stay here any longer. It shall only hinder my path. My spear is one of absoluteness. I must only charge forward in the face of many difficulties, only then can I proceed to the peak, breaking past my limits to even greater heights." Silence once more followed as the person behind the screen didn't immediately reply. However, while this person remained quiet, the officials within the room started to whisper amongst themselves.

"Prince Zang is outrageous! Does he not know what he's saying?" One official said.

"Wanting to venture not only across the northern borders but to enter the dreadful Dark Marshes, this quest no different from suicide."