Chapter 242 - Storm Rise Cliff, A Special Event!

Want to support? Visit any of the sites below to read the full series:

Read on My Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/ShadowsFinger

Read on my Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F7BVPSD

*****

At the farthest region southwest of the Eastern Wilds, an area that connected with the outermost edges of Tydol Mountain Range was a verdant valley that rested between two hills. Between them was a river that led to a vast lake that ran through the mountain range, and at its edge was a steep rock face that rose up an alarming height, reaching as high as a few dozens of kilometers into the sky. If one could peer towards its summits, one would see a series of constructs and buildings built at its peak, surrounded by a high wall made of uncommon dark-colored stones. Four massive chains connected to its four corners reaching downwards into a dense sea of clouds, occasionally one could even hear the cries of bird type beasts that shuffled about its skies.

This place was the Storm Rise Cliff, a transport hub made by the joint agreement of the major clans and sects of the Golden Dragon Empire. A cliff surrounded by a fog of clouds due to its alarming height as if it was some kind of immortal mountain, the sharp whistling of the wind which blew about the area causing the massive chains to rattle as if it was currently undergoing a storm.

Looking around, other than taverns and inns, there was a section that was a sky port. In these areas, many different ship-like flying artifacts would occasionally swoop down and land before letting off and picking up a group of practitioners.

Currently, at the base of the Storm Rise Cliff, a carriage surrounded by guards had arrived at the valley that stood before its domain. Here, other than the sight of lush grasses, there was a variety of stations that were carefully arranged. Within them, many different carriages of all sorts were parked as various male and female practitioners traveled towards a section where one of the giant rattling chains had lodged itself into the earth.

Judging by their uniforms, one could even see a few Blood Rose Union, and Seven Blade Mercenary practitioners, their ages were between 19 to 25. Each of them gave off energy comparable to that of a peak Body Training realm practitioner and First Tier to Third Tier Aura Disciple. The others amongst them were mostly rogues averaging out to 25 years of age and older. These were individuals who had wandered about the lands for a period, and even carried a bit of fame.

Suddenly, each of these disciples turned their sights towards the newly arrived carriage, they looked at the symbol carved onto its surface for a moment before their eyes flashed with a slight amount of solemnness.

Soon, the figures of Jin Chin, Cheng Ba, Feng Yu, and the female guard leader had appeared from its inside. They looked around silently at the practitioners who were gazing at them while whispering amongst themselves.

"Hey, isn't that Cheng Ba of the Rain Sword Sect's Inner Disciple Listing?" One Blood Rose Sect Disciple inquired.

"Indeed he is, I'd have never thought that Droplet Sword Cheng would venture here, it would seem that even the likes of him want a piece of that southern cake," Another disciple said in under his breath.

As they spoke, a nearby female disciple of the Seven Blade Mercenaries seemed to hear their words, she looked at them in scorn and mocked, "Well, you're talking as if you guys are any better! Ha-ha! You're far too inferior from the likes of him!"

When the two Blood Rose Union disciples heard this, their faces sunk as they glared at the Seven Blade Mercenary disciple and cursed, "You piece of shit, I dare you to say that again!"