Chapter 40 - The Strange Ancient Sword Tablet? Bidding War!

Read on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/ShadowsFinger

Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C7912KX

****

The auction room was quickly sent into a state of silence, but after a moment people began to clamor and exclaim towards the uniqueness of the item being auctioned.

"What kind of language is this?" Asked Ji Weng as he looked towards the Ancient Sword Tablet in a puzzled manner.

"Young Master, this language is strange it does not seem to be listed in any of our kingdom's records. The notorious WhiteMask seems to be speaking the truth that Ancient Sword Tablet should hold quite a lot of secrets," A scholarly looking man seated beside Ji Weng replied.

"Hmm, Very well then! We will bid for this item as well as the main item of the auction," Ji Weng stated as he observed the Ancient Sword Tablet with interest.

"A great choice." The scholarly looking man replied.

"Such incredible items are they artifacts from antique time?" An elderly looking man said, he was seated on the fourth platform observing the current item, beside him was a beauty dressed in a black dress with decorated markings.

"Grandpa Zhu! Do you believe that? If it were so rare why would this WhiteMask character be in such a rush to give it away?" Xin Qing said.

Grandpa Zhu turned around as if he was too lazy to bother with Xin Qing's question and looked towards the man who had a hint of excitement visible in his eyes, as he sat quietly beside Tang Wu.

Feeling a vision cast towards him the serious looking man beside Tang Wu looked at Grandpa Zhu and smiled while speaking in a voice only the two of them could hear, "Does Old Zhu want to partake in a betting war for this item?"

Old Zhu smiled and responded, "Youngster, you're still too early to jump into this kind of game."

Hearing this the serious looking man mocked, "Ha! You're right, but, age will not stop me from claiming this item right under your noise 'Old Man'".

Tang Wu and Xin Qing bitterly smiled as they looked at each other. They did not have any means to quell their family elder's conflicts and could only stare as they both prepared to jump at each other through the betting war.

Madam Xuan looked towards the Ancient Sword Tablet with a bit of hesitation but decided to pass on it after all this item isn't their objectives.

Inside the VIP private booth, Feng Yu had finally managed to calm himself down and was now observing the Ancient Sword Tablet with the sword plunged deep into it. His mind was lost in deep and complex thoughts concerning the origins of this auctioned item.

"What does this Stone Tablet and Sword have in connection with my old world? How could the language of the Tianlan Sword World be here?" He muttered in a puzzled manner as he furrowed his brows.

As Hui Ying saw this, he asked puzzledly, "Brother Yu! What's the matter? What's this Tianlan Sword World you speak of?"

Dai Lin also looked towards Feng Yu with some curiosity.

Feng Yu hearing Hui Ying's question soon became sobered from his thoughts and answered casually "It's nothing, only a place I've read about in an ancient book, I had once before seen this language connected to the name Tianlan."

"Is that so?" Hui Ying replied in an unbelieving manner as he carefully scrutinized Feng Yu's face.

Seeing that this mistake wasn't going to be so easy to pass Feng Yu started to sweat slightly but before he could find an excuse the sharp retainer responded.