Chapter1 - the start

Hayley's POV
7 in the morning it was and I was almost done typing off my new book as i clicked save and copied my document in a USB.

Closing my laptop i sighed as i was unable to keep my big blue eyes open.

Gathering all of my remaining energy i got off my bed, hopped in for a good warm shower rinsing all of my tiredness away. Feeling better i closed the water and went to my closet to find something decent to wear and soon found the perfect one.

Changing into my outfit i got ready straightening my hair and applying a little makeup as i checked myself in the mirror. "Perfect" i said as i made my way downstairs.

Opening the kitchen door i already saw my mom on the dining table.

Francesca saw Hayley coming and placed her coffee mug on the table. "Good morning" she said in a cheerful voice to which I replied "morning" in a soft tone.

I sat opposite to my mother on the table and took a bite from my toast as my mom asked "so what are your plans for today?" "Nothing much, just going to visit the writer's office with my new book" i spoke in an excited tone making my mom smile. "Very good, call me after the meeting then?" Francesca said as she stood up from her chair while fixing her clothes ready to leave for work. "Bye honey, you always make me proud" she said while giving me a kiss on my cheek as I smiled and said "bye mom" and stood up myself ready to leave.

I printed a hard copy of my book,sat in my car and drove towards the destination.

Soon i arrived at the office and made my way to the boss's cabin, knocked and opened the door to step in.

A man in his early fifties was sitting on the chair who then stood up as he glanced at Me. "Hayley! It's good to see you, have a seat." He spoke in a cheerful voice. "Mr. Black." I spoke with the same enthusiasm as i sat on the chair.

Mathew black was like a father to me who treated Me like his own daughter and I always looked up to him. Both of us were close enough to share our daily lives with each other.

After our usual greetings I  showed him the new book explaining the idea as he looked through the pages. "The idea is wonderful Hayley, i must say that you're extremely talented now lets not waste alot of time and start working on this amazing creativity." He spoke in a impressed tone as I stood up with a grin on my face as she said "of course thank you Mr.Black" and walked out of the office towards the exit.

I quickly messaged my friends to meet me in a nearby cafe. I got in my car and drove towards the café to find a tall guy with brown hair and eyes already waiting for me who stood up from his chair as he hugged me. "Enzo" I spoke as i asked him about Mira which surprisingly Enzo had no idea about.

Later we ordered our lunches and talked for hours as I told him about the new book and my plans regarding it and Enzo told him about his usual office.

Enzo was a guy everyone wanted to be friends with. Handsome, devoted and smart of course but he was a guy of few words as he never discussed a lot about his work or life in general.

Anyways we talked until it was almost sun set when Enzo said his goodbye and left.

I also was driving home when i decided to take a different less traffic route when unluckily my car broke down in the middle of nowhere and i got out of it.

I looked here and there only to meet with silence and empty roads. I checked my phone-dead. "Dammit" i said as i started walking towards the end of the road to get some help when i heard a gunshot.

I looked sideways and luckily no one was in sight so i had enough time to hide behind a tree, my heart pounding in my chest when i saw a black car getting near and stopping in front of me as the door opened and a bleeding man was pushed out of it coughing and hissing in pain as blood flowed through his forehead.

I gasped in horror but immediately covered my mouth with my hand to not get caught hiding as i saw that bleeding man along with a tall broad figure coming outside of the car and stepping in the light.

My eyes widened when i recognized the man's face.