Chapter 8- It will always be you

Hayley's POV
I felt as if I was dreaming. Did Christian Alfonzo just KISS me?! I was already having a hard time believing it when he said "I love you" nearly a whisper but enough to make my whole body shiver.

I pulled away a little to look him in the eye but his face showed no expression. I suddenly heard a loud thud and turning around I saw none other than Katherine who was staring at us-Christian with wide eyes as if she saw something unbelievable.

Everything clicked into pieces. Why Christian just kissed me and said those words. It all became clear and I felt kind of hurt. I don't know why.

As soon as Katherine left Christian kissed me on the forehead, said I'm sorry I'll explain it to you later and without waiting for a reply took my hands and we walked towards the seating room.

After a while of chit chat dessert was served and I usually don't eat desert but this one was hands down the best dessert I've ever had.

"How's the dessert darling?" Lara asked me with shining bright eyes. "Oh-I" "mom she doesn't like dessert" Christian said making me question if I ever told him that- no. "But it was amazing I had a few bites Lara" "oh come on Hayley still Lara? Shouldn't you call her mom now?" Leo spoke in a mischievous voice looking directly at Katherine who was completely shocked by this.

Damn Leo you really had to put me in this position, don't you? I thought when suddenly Leo, Caleb and Lucas started laughing. "Here, Leo was kidding don't take it personally" Lucas said handing me a tissue and making me laugh. After being completely at ease it was finally time to leave.

Katherine had already left in a not so cheerful mood; well I actually liked seeing her like that ;)

Everyone started getting up and saying their goodbyes and I hugged Lucas, Leo and Caleb one by one as goodbyes and promised to meet them soon. Not soon we were driving back to my house and I don't really remember the whole ride as I soon drifted off to sleep.

Christian's POV

I didn't mean to kiss Hayley but when Katherine came I didn't know what to do because I knew she wasn't the one to back down.

She was really stubborn and I got fake engaged to Hayley partly because of her obsession about me. At first we were all good friends but it was when I had different women on my arm every night and Katherine started objecting that.

At first I thought she wanted to be friends with benefits but after hooking up with her twice I could see she wanted more. I was not ready for a commitment so I told her that clearly but she didn't seem to understand and her interrupting my every work irritated me so I decided to make it clear today.

I kissed Hayley just to make Katherine jealous and make her believe that her and me were never going to happen but instead I found this kiss a little more weird you know a little more real and for the first time in my life I kissed someone and felt alive.

I've kissed a lot of women but this kiss was different and soon I got lost in it. It was Katherine's phone dropping that pulled me out of it and I felt horrible when I looked in Hayley's eyes.

No-no Christian you can't do this! Don't feel bad for her you cannot develop feelings, THIS IS JUST A CONTRACT and nothing more. I kept telling myself that but suddenly kissed Hayley on the forehead and mayn it all came rushing back. I immediately took her back because I didn't trust myself.

Thank god everything was fine after that just that Katherine left which meant that my plan too worked. It was finally over and everyone was leaving.

Hayley said bye to my mom dad and Sarah but she hugged Leo Caleb and Lucas. Gosh why is she hugging them they've known each other for like 3 hrs. isn't this too close?! Wait- am I jealous? No no no I'm just overreacting I know.

I took Hayley and Francesca home and when we reached I noticed that Hayley slept, she was probably tired. She looks so beautiful maynnn.

"Uh Christian if you don't mind will you carry her to her room?" Francesca said and I nodded.
I was about to get off car when suddenly my phone ringed and Hayley snapped her eyes open. She looked a little startled but eventually eased her shoulders. She looked here and there and got off car wishing me goodnight.

Dammit WHO was that?! I immediately dialed the last missed number without looking at the caller id. "Hello" my dad spoke and my entire anger escaped. "Yea dad?" "Christian we need to talk- come home right now." "Right now?" "Yes right now" "okay I'm on my way" I ended the call and rushed back to the house only to find my dad in the garden lost in some thoughts.

"What happened dad I literally came running" "Christian you can't marry this girl." He spoke in a really worried tone. Okay he is never so concerned what is even up. "Why dad?" I spoke with curiosity. "Because she is john smith's only heir." "Who the hell is john smith dad?"

"Jonathon black smith" he spoke and I felt as the ground beneath me literally shifted.