Chapter 13- Honey Trap

Hayley's POV
Umm excuse me? You're talking to me? Am I dreaming?!!

I looked beside me to see Katherine's fuming face and it still felt like a dream.

It was until Christian held my hand and repeated his words

"Hayley smith, will you marry me?"

I, no. Hayley what are you doing? You can't bro. what about your future? You barely know this man. And this wasn't in the contract why is he doing this? And what am I supposed to say as his fiancée in front of everyone, god why did you do this?!!

"C'mon Hayley say YES" Caleb said with a huge grin while Leo continued recording the whole moment and Lucas was just trying to not pass out.
Katherine was boiling, hahah I like it-

Lara and my mom were gasping basically on the verge of crying and Robert seemed confused? Okay this is unreal

"I, this is all so sudden I'm at a loss of words" was the best I could think of. My eyes met Christian's for a second and all I could see was happiness. Happiness? Was he really happy?

"Umm I- OKAY!" "Okay?!" Christian asked me in excitement. "YES CHRISTIAN, ILL MARRY YOU!!!" Everyone busted into applauses as Christian put that beautiful ring on my finger again. How many rings am I supposed to wear???

Anyways I'm glad he went for a hug instead of a kiss because it could've been too much to handle.

"THIS IS BULLSHIT" Katherine slammed the ring box on the table as everyone's gaze landed on hers.

Christian raised his eyebrows in surprise and I looked at everyone but Katherine.

"care to explain your attitude Katherine?" this was the first time Lucas spoke and this is definitely the first time I've seen his voice so angry. I was so happy that he stood up for me but also Christian. Whatthehell is even happening here?

"You knew- you freaking knew about it, didn't you?" she said pointing her finger towards Lucas who stood firm as a rock and his face remained expressionless.

"What are you saying Katherine?" Lucas answered her being extremely calm and dumb.
"You knew it wasn't real but what is- why is this happening? What is even up with this fake proposal Christian tell everyone you guys had an agreement?"

Christian acted like he had heard this word for the first time in his life and spoke extremely politely "no"

"you're lying, you remember you came to me and told me it was all fake and that you've realized your mistake and now you want to confess to me?!"

Everyone stared at Christian with wide eyes including me.

"No I said that yes I realize my mistake and that it was all fake between US. Now I want to confess my feelings to the women I love and I was definitely talking about Hayley" with that he put his hand around my waist pulling me closer to him.

Katherine stared at everyone in pure horror and Christian, with disgust. Now she realized how messy the situation was and finally backed off

"You're going to pay for this Chris" "I don't know what you're talking about" he said with a smile on his face.

"And you" Katherine finally turned to me. "you behave all innocent and dumb but everyone here knows how much of a gold dig-"

"Katherine I think you should leave before I do something I regret, I respect you as a friend but the women you're saying this about is my wife- soon to be wife now so please."

Katherine stared at Christian with wide teary eyes betrayal and hurt showing on her face, for a second I felt bad for her.

She picked her purse and ran towards the door and instantly she was out of everyone's sight.

Everyone stood there extremely quiet and still until Lucas shouted grabbing everyone's attention

"So my boy just proposed people and the women said yes! Doesn't this call for a celebration?"

everyone immediately gained energy at the word celebration and the whole evening passed in blur of celebration and happiness

****

Later I saw Christian going somewhere out and followed him since we had to talk still
"Christian?" I followed him into the garden and called his name. He stopped and turned around "yeah?"

Umm excuse me sir? You just proposed me! What do you mean yeah?

"What was that in there?"

"What?"

Is he for real right now.

"Christian do you remember you just fake proposed me in front of everyone?" I said while raising my left hand to show him the two shiny rings I was now wearing in my ring finger

"No, who said it was fake?"

"What do you mean?" I asked almost instantly. He took a step towards me and I took one back this was until my back hit the bench in the garden and Christian smirked, he then leaned his face forward and spoke in a barely audible voice

"I proposed you for real and I am going to marry you for real Hayley"

"But-t what about the c-contract?"

"Oh that, burn it. We don't follow it anymore."

My eyes were so wide by then that I felt as if my pupils were going to come out any moment.
"Burn i-it?"

"Uhm"

"No we cannot do that that is against the contract."

"If I said you are going to marry me then you sure are, leave no room for questions in that brain of yours Hayley" he said no more smiling

I felt as if someone had pushed the ground beneath me. I instantly felt suffocated and Christian stepped back and turned around.

"And yes, welcome to the family"

With that he left me alone with my thoughts

Christian's POV
I was just coming back from the garden when someone pulled me in a room.

I barely had time to react when their voice interrupted me

"What the hell was that Chris?" both dad and Lucas said at the same time and then looked at each other

"What?"

"The proposal and everything, wasn't it all fake?" Lucas said this time and I looked at my dad.

"Don't worry he already knows" "you do?" "Yes I do and why didn't you tell me Christian?"

"Because I don't know dad, the first time I saw her I felt like owning her but the way she was avoiding me made it more interesting. Why would no one be interested in me after all? So I decided to own her"

"Is she a prize Christian how can you do that to john's daughter, he will-"

"He will kill me if he knows blah blah, I know that but I can't lose her"

"And why is that?" Lucas asked this time.

I took a deep breath this time

"Because I think- I think I am falling in love with her."