Chapter 3: Do i know you?

Hayley's POV
I soon reached the office and as expected Mr. Black was waiting for me.

Although the story was approved, I still was a little nervous but all of my nervousness faded when I saw him in a joyful mood.

Mr black was sitting in his usual office on his usual chair- a black leather seat which was matching the glass table in-front of him separating the seats across from him. The walls of his office were also designed neatly with a huge window on the right giving a perfect view of the city .

I took a deep breath and stepped in.We discussed a few details, made a few changes and decided the story was good to go.

Feeling satisfied enough I took my leave from the office and was about to sit in my car when I noticed something or someone suspicious.

Things like that don't happen to me a lot so I decided to let it go and drove off.

I took the usual route this time and thankfully nothing suspicious was around.

I was driving peacefully when I noticed a unique and classy black car and just the thought of it being Christian's car made my heart skipped a beat.

I stepped on the gas just to make sure if that car was following me and to my surprise, it was. "I'm screwed" I spoke to myself when I saw the black car overtaking and stopping right in front of me on an empty road.

I started shivering when a very familiar man step out and motioned me to do the same .i sighed, Here we go' I thought as I stepped out of the car.

Christian's POV
It was around 2 pm when all of my work was done for the day so I decided to go and pay a visit to my little witness.

I quickly called George, one of my most loyal men to send me her exact location and luckily she was in her office which meant I could follow her while waiting for the perfect opportunity to see her.

I asked George to go back to the quarters because I didn't want him listening to our conversation, not that I don't trust him- it's just I don't really expect things to go smoothly and if they don't only then I might need him while if they do work out, he doesn't has to know stuff.

Quickly checking if anymore documents needed my attention I made my way to the car.

This one was my personal because honestly I didn't want that girl to do something stupid if she saw the car from yesterday, so for once I decided to keep a low profile.

I reached her office just in time to see her coming out and sitting in her car. 'She is pretty' i whispered to myself but quickly cleared my throat and diverted my attention.

I followed her but kept enough distance between us so that she doesn't see me.

She took a less familiar route which made me question why she took the other route yesterday when clearly she knew this one better.

Pushing that thought aside I kept following her when suddenly the car between us took a left turn making my car to drive completely behind her.

She must've noticed something suspicious because she stepped on the gas and I had no choice but to overtake her as I couldn't risk missing this opportunity.

She immediately hit the brakes and kept sitting in her car as I came out and motioned her to do the same. She hesitated but knew there was no running so she came out eventually.

She took baby steps and I chuckled seeing her little tactic. I took a step towards her when she froze in her tracks and I made my way to her.

"So you probably know why I'm here right now" I spoke in a confident tone making her shiver.

I like it when she fears me I thought but quickly pushed that thought aside convincing myself that now was not the time.

"I know" she spoke in a smooth voice making me question if she really was afraid of me.

I cleared my throat and spoke "so you probably know what you've gotten yourself into" "yes, I do "she spoke quickly while taking a step back. "Now well I didn't want things to go like that with the man you saw-"I decided to come clean but got interrupted. God! I already hate this- I thought.

"Let's just get to the point shall we? Both of us know you'll probably kill me and it'll be over for you" she spoke in a tone which clearly showed how much she accepted the situation yesterday as well as today.

"Well I wasn't going to say that" i sighed "you weren't? "She spoke rather shocked. I simply nodded my head making her shoulders relax a little.

"And I thought-" "you thought that id kill you just because you were the only witness to my sin?" "I-yes" "well no" I spoke "then why are you here if you didn't want to kill me?" "Well I have a deal for you."

"Deal- for me?" "Yes Hayley for you." "You remember my na-""so ill suggest you a deal? "I said getting annoyed.

Yes?" she said as she was thinking of what to say.  "I want you to marry me and be my wife" I said in the most neutral voice I could manage as if I just didn't offer the girl who barely knew me a marriage proposal. Dammit Christian- you shouldn't have been so straightforward' I thought judging the look on her face which showed fear and confusion at the same time.

"You what?!" she spoke stunned as she was least expecting these words. "Yes. I want you to marry me but don't think you have a choice" I spoke in a demanding tone not trying to make this conversation longer than it already had been.

"So what do you say?" I looked her in the eyes and asked her.