Chapter 12- Heart of darkness

Hayley's POV
"What?" I literally shouted and earned a few stares in return. Normally I would care if I was making a scene in public but we were way past of it presently.

Christian claiming to own me like I'm some prize, Enzo being stupid enough to speak to him and Lucas being confused made me realize one thing.

Whatever had to be done, it was to be done fast because this would soon turn into fists and punches and trust me on one wants that.

I quickly rushed to Christian's side and spoke in a voice so that I could have all their attention(s).

"What Christian means is that we should solve it like adults, this is clearly a misunderstanding isn't it?"

I looked at Lucas hoping for him to cover up. "Uhm yeah, Enzo was just being a protective friend and Christian-an overprotective Fiancée." He said the last word strangely.

Anyways both of them backed off and Christian was literally shooting daggers at Enzo but then immediately turned to me.

He held my hand and started dragging me to the exit. "I'll call you Hayley" Enzo shouted from behind. I bit my lip because I knew this wasn't going to end well. "I'll break your hands and nose if you even think of her." Christian spoke in a calm yet dangerous voice while we continued walking.

We reached the basement parking and Christian released me while I was facing him.

He blocked my escape by the car behind me and his hand on the sides and him standing in front. "Tell me" he said in the same voice. "t-tell you what?" I stuttered. Dammit why do I stutter every time I am with him!

"everything." He said barely audible.
I took a deep breath and told him everything as it was.

****

"So that's all?"

By now my eyes were teary because this whole situation was really messed up.

I didn't look him in the eyes although I know none of it was my fault. He placed his hand on my chin and made me look him in the eyes that are when a tear escaped my eye. "Hey it's not your fault" he said pulling me in a hug.

This is the first time we've shared a hug and it's so calming. Now what? Hayley what is wrong with you? He is Christian, Christian Alfonzo why would he care about a nobody like you?

I quickly pulled away and Christian too, regaining his senses straightened his shoulders but didn't let me escape from where I was standing. 

"so to summarize according to that trash-head, he was blackmailed by Katherine to follow us because Katherine knew how much you would hate all this, Katherine also somehow knew about our little agreement and she offered that trash head a deal since he liked you-more than friends." He gritted his teeth on the last phrase. 

"Yeah" "I don't believe it." I looked at him. Was he for real right now? I told him everything even he knows how Katherine is how can he deny it?

"Why don't you?" "Because even Lucas didn't know about our agreement until today, how would Katherine know?"

"I don't know, you tell?"

"Oh I didn't, trust me"

"Yea whatever"

"Wait a minute, are you jealous?"

I blushed and immediately looked towards the ground, super embarrassed. Not because I wasn't, I was but hearing it from Christian made me so awkward.

I heard him giggle but the he immediately stopped laughing and made me sit in the car.

"What happened?" "Nothing I will take you home." He said putting on his seat belt. I saw Enzo from the window and now it was my turn to giggle. "Jealous?" "You think" I kept annoying him for the rest of the ride.

Christian was clearly annoyed and he dropped me home saying I shouldn't think much about it. What's with his mood????

Lucas dropped my car off home later (which I completely forgot about) and I thanked him. He told me that he knows everything but that our secret is safe with him. I trust him.

I instantly decided to take a good shower to wash all the tiredness of today.

Christian's POV
I went directly to Alfonzo estate after dropping Hayley, I actually believed her but I have something else in mind.

I called everyone to meet me at the estate around 8 today that I had to talk to them about something. I called Hayley but she didn't pick up so I left her a message.

I went to my mom and discussed everything with her, she seem excited and couldn't stop talking about how everything would turn out.

It was almost 7 that I decided to go and pick Hayley.

Hayley's POV
I came out of the shower and saw an unread message and a missed call by Christian.
"I'll pick you up at 7, family dinner" was all he wrote. I checked the time. 5:30. Shittt I am so late.

I quickly started getting ready, picking out a cute summer dress with matching heels and curled my hair along with light makeup.

I was almost done when I heard the doorbell and went down to open the gate.

Christian was standing there looking hot as always with his messy hair falling onto his face, the rolled up sleeves and the first unbuttoned button of his shirt. God this man.

Anyways later we drove together to the estate
We reached there at almost sunset and the estate looked beautiful with all those lights.

I was familiar with everyone but I still was nervous as we went inside together.

We went to the same seating area where everyone was present.

Sarah, Leo, Lara, Caleb, Lucas, Robert, my mom? And Katherine.

KATHERINE? WHATTF IS SHE DOING HERE? I looked at Christian who assured me it was going to be all fine.

Everyone was in a joyful mood except for Katherine of course.

We started chatting and having great time when I didn't notice Christian slipping away.

He came back and asked for everyone's attention. He continuously looked at Katherine who was smiling brightly and I felt annoyed.

Christian spoke in a nervous voice, "so everyone, I know this was a really sudden decision but I wanted everyone to be here with me in the most beautiful moment in my life. I don't know how we do this but I just want to make it perfect. I'll start it off by saying something about her" he said while looking at Katherine and my heart started breaking internally.

He was smiling the entire time and I didn't like where this was going.

"This girl, you know has completely taken over my heart, she made me see things from a whole new perspective and made me believe that I was worthy of love. She came into my life at a time when I needed someone and I just cannot think of her not being in my life."

He took a step somewhat towards Katherine? I couldn't really guess it because Katherine was sitting beside me but I could feel myself suffocating.

"I just want to thank her for being a part of my life and want to ask her this." He pulled out a cute little box from his pocket and opened it revealing a beautiful diamond ring which was shining proudly inside the box.

I almost gasped seeing it. He again took a step forward and sat on his knee in front of
ME??!

"Hayley smith, will you marry me?"